Legacy Liquid Foot Pro: Cant get the editor to work :( Help?

D.B. Walker

Inspired
Hey ... is anyone able to get the Mac Java based editor working for the FAMC Liquid foot pro? (The old one with no scribble strips)

I just picked one up and really like how compact it is for the amount of buttons it has ... but programing this thing is a nightmare!

The editor launches, I can set the I/O in the initial screen, then .... nothing, just a blank screen. Cant find any docs on how to use it, I might be missing a crucial step like "Put the device in X mode to use the editor"

Sorry man, can’t help you. I read so many messages on the web with complaints about the editor and customer support that that was one of my reasons to not buy one. I admit it is a promising product, but it’s just not reliable and not much to fall back on.

That's ancient history. IIRC it was quite hard to make ti work even with Mountain Lion (because of the supported Java versions).

If you are technically inclined, you could create a virtual machine with an old operating system and take it from there.
I program mine directly on the board. It's not that terrible actually and reading the manual will help you speed up the process.

That's ancient history. IIRC it was quite hard to make ti work even with Mountain Lion (because of the supported Java versions).

If you are technically inclined, you could create a virtual machine with an old operating system and take it from there.
I program mine directly on the board. It's not that terrible actually and reading the manual will help you speed up the process.

This is probably the only option. Also, I don't use MAC but if you have access to a Windows PC, you can install whatever old version of Java the Editor needs.

Here is a great site for learning to program from the foot controller switches.
voes.be/liquidfoot/pro/index.html

As for the editor, I have it talking to my LF Pro from my Windows 10 computer. I have Java 7 JRE on it. Also, the people at FAMC told me that you need Java MIDI. It did not necessarily come in some Java versions. I think they told me Java 6 for Java MIDI and Java 7 JRE for the rest. It works. There is no manual for this editor.

Its an unprofessional oversight in my opinion. But its no longer supported now. Programming from the editor can be daunting at first. I started with just programming control change numbers into the individual switches (S1, S2, S3...etc.)

Getting it to save your programming is a challenge, and that's where I am at. I can get it to save and then transmit to the FC but after that, nuthin'. Also, the FC manual explains getting it to talk to specific gear such as the Axe FX. I am going to get the switches working, volume pedal and expressional pedal working and then do all the presets at the foot controller. It will be quicker. Then you can send all the data stored in the FC to your computer to save as a sysex file as a backup.

Hope some of that helps.

Doc

Have any Liquid Foot customers heard from Jeff?
Thanks
No, I checked regularly but it Is dead quiet
I will never understand how and why a vendor would disappear for months or years and suddenly send one or 2 messages on the site and disappear again
he should have sold his business to somebody serious about it as product design was so promising
just support and service was lacking
sad but It is what it is
my LF + are collecting dust now and cannot be sold anyway

No, I checked regularly but it Is dead quiet
I will never understand how and why a vendor would disappear for months or years and suddenly send one or 2 messages on the site and disappear again
he should have sold his business to somebody serious about it as product design was so promising
Agreed - and he still could sell it, if he'd take a few minutes to put it out there as a possibility. It's probably not worth a whole lot at this point, but the basic designs are decent and the software isn't THAT far out of date yet.

I honestly like my LF+ a lot, but it would be better if I could get a couple of the little minor bugs fixed.....even if that meant doing it myself.

Back
Top Bottom