Legacy Firmware Solution

FAS could just end of life the MK 1 and 2 but no Cliff finds ways to continue supporting his customers, he could just say no more updates and probably sell more XL+ units, never had such good support on anything I've ever owned. Cheers Cliff and the team.

Thanks I would hate to hear about the best version of your FW and not be able to take advantage!

FAS could just end of life the MK 1 and 2 but no Cliff finds ways to continue supporting his customers, he could just say no more updates and probably sell more XL+ units, never had such good support on anything I've ever owned. Cheers Cliff and the team.

I don't believe in planned obsolescence. We will continue to support products as long as it is practical and not a huge financial burden. Hopefully this creates loyalty so that customers are more inclined to buy our future products.

I don't believe in planned obsolescence. We will continue to support products as long as it is practical and not a huge financial burden. Hopefully this creates loyalty so that customers are more inclined to buy our future products.

I bought my Mk I in early 2012 and just bought a XL+ a month ago to show my loyalty. I use my Mk I most of the time and have my XL+ in my recording room. I was going to buy an AX8 but wanted to be able to reamp, so I got the XL+ specifically for recording ...and to be lazy and not have to carry my Mk I rack around :rolleyes:

Could a memory chip be installed on a Mark 1 and 2 to be able to accommodate version 6 like the XL's if Fractal shipped them to Mark 1 and 2 customers of we paid for it?

And this is why I'm very supportive of FAS and makes me a loyal customer; FAS just 'gets it' and that's pretty rare these days...

It does it for me. Thank you so much Cliff! I'm looking forward to seeing what products Fractal Audio comes out with in the future. I know they will be great, and I know they will be supported better than any other product on the market.

It sure will cliff :) thanks once again. FAS supporter/user for life here!

I just bought an XL+. Its my fifth Fractal device. Cliff, you certainly have built brand loyalty with me. I think this is the best value in musical equipment I have ever used.

Carry on Mr. Chase, you're doing it right.

I started already with the XL Version 2014 and reading the forum since, never experienced this direct response from developers to costumers.
I have hugest respect because of the service and constant development thrust even when the product is already state of the art.
In my opinion this works best when the owner/developer has fun or use his product itself.

If you produce an Axe-Fx that is easier to operate than the current models (including AX8) I'll definitely buy one. I can't think of much how it could sound any better than my Axe II MK I though. Thanks for all these years of support!

Back
Top Bottom