Legacy Firmware Solution

I purchased a standard in 2007 and a axefx2 mkI in 2011; this type of customer service is why I will purchase whatever Cliff et al., come up with next. Incidentally, Cliff and Chuck Norris, via obvious logic, could never have heart attacks, because their hearts would never be foolish enough to attack them. Carry on.

Thank you Cliff. You truly are the gold standard fir customer service and an inspiration in my business dealings.

Reactions: svl
Cliff,

Thank you! You have truly spoiled us. I want you to know you are greatly appreciated by me and this community.

Amazing! Cliff rocks! This is the kind of customer support that nobody else provides!

I've already sold 3 friends on the Axe Fx over the last couple years, and this is part of what helps sell the product.

Thanks as usual.

Thank you SO MUCH for this. It's this sort of stuff that makes me have zero regrets about buying my AFX II and makes me a committed long-term customer of Fractal. Second to none.

May I ask if that means that we are able to update endlessy? If I understand correct, the old firmware will get removed by updating to a new firmware? If not, how long will this keep the older units updatable?

No the firmware has got larger with addition of amps and fx, and we are at the limit of how big the firmware can be. Cliff has squeezed a bit of space out by deleting some functionality, but there is a limit we will reach.

No the firmware has got larger with addition of amps and fx, and we are at the limit of how big the firmware can be. Cliff has squeezed a bit of space out by deleting some functionality, but there is a limit we will reach.

To be fair none of us outside of the developers know how much space the legacy modelling code took up, it could have been 50%, or 20%, who knows. If it was 50% or so, then I think we're good for a while. Given how complex each modelling revision must be, I'd say it took up a fair chunk of space.

Looking at the raw SYSEX it's 3.7 vs 2.8 MB for XL+ vs MKII. Not scientific I know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom