Lee Ritenour Portrait album sound

Kingfloyd

Inspired
I would like to reproduce (...approach ...) the sound Lee Ritenour has on his Album "portrait", more specifically on Asa track (punchy chorused clean). Any idea where I should start (amp, cabs, main settings, ... ?). I'am not really successfull at tweaking good cleans. :roll Thanks.:)

There should be some 80´s kind of clean chorus patches around here to start with. search for "trichorus" or "landau" on forum and on axechange

A compressor later in the signal chain should help, try between Amp and Cab then move it after the cab and see which works better. 2 compressors, 1 as the first block and another after Amp/Cab could help too.

Also try running an amp at the edge of breakup in parallel with a direct signal. For the direct signal try a null filter, GEQ/PEQ or Tube Pre - this should give the attack from the clean/direct side and smooth singing from the gain amp. Experiment with the levels/mix of the clean and gain signals.

Last edited:
Thanks to all. That helps.
I would have never considered using two compressors ... Nor mixing two signals. I will try these solutions.

Back
Top Bottom