LEDs stay on even after power is turned off?

Hi I just got my FM3 and noticed when I power it off some of LED indicator lights remain on. They stay on even if I unplug the unit. Is this normal? I’ve never seen this before. It’s a different set of lights that remain on. Thanks!

Attachments

• A55D4AF8-65D1-4B60-9958-56782D153EEC.jpeg
    A55D4AF8-65D1-4B60-9958-56782D153EEC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 39
Hi I just got my FM3 and noticed when I power it off some of LED indicator lights remain on. They stay on even if I unplug the unit. Is this normal? I’ve never seen this before. It’s a different set of lights that remain on. Thanks!
Another example. Three red lights remain on.

Attachments

• A3BAAF5C-22BA-48A0-81C2-0C70F4FBB19C.jpeg
    A3BAAF5C-22BA-48A0-81C2-0C70F4FBB19C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
That is not normal. There should be no lights on if it is switched off

Also how long should it take to connect with FM3 Edit? The app shows being "connected" but it's been reading "cabinet names" for over 10 mins? is it normal for this to happen when you first connect?

Update cannot connect to FM3 Edit and getting white screens about 50% time when I boot up. I've reached out to support as this may be a bad unit.

Last edited:
Also how long should it take to connect with FM3 Edit? The app shows being "connected" but it's been reading "cabinet names" for over 10 mins? is it normal for this to happen when you first connect?

Update cannot connect to FM3 Edit and getting white screens about 50% time when I boot up. I've reached out to support as this may be a bad unit.
Not normal, you're on the right track by contacting support.

Nvm fractal support get a priest
iu

I had similar issues. Eventually the screen would stay lit without the power cord connected as long as the USB cable was still connected, and FM3-Edit eventually just failed connecting at all. Contacted support, got a warranty replacement unit that's been rock solid ever since.

Hi everyone - I received my replacement FM3 unit today and interestingly experienced nearly the same issues. But this time I was able to isolate it. If I have the MIDI out of the FM3 connected to my MOTU Microlite, I get the random indicator lights staying on without power, no connection to FM3 Edit (disconnected status), and random white screen freeze-ups on boot up. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I suppose I could just leave the MIDI unplugged since all updates and edits are through USB, but I want to be sure there wont be an issue down the road. Any thoughts? I've let support know as well. thanks

According to Fractal, this is a problem on some units. I have just returned mine under warranty for repair.
I was able to isolate this further. For the unit I currently have, if I try to connect the FM3 in Apple Midi Audio Setup to my MOTU Microlite, it will no longer allow FM3 Edit to connect. Definitely something up with my unit and Midi.

Last edited:
I contacted Fractal about this issue. They acknowledged that this is an issue with some units. Mine was an early one (mid March) with no headphone jack. They have responded back and said that they are sending a new unit.

Back
Top Bottom