LEDs stay on even after power is turned off?

I contacted Fractal about this issue. They acknowledged that this is an issue with some units. Mine was an early one (mid March) with no headphone jack. They have responded back and said that they are sending a new unit.

Thanks still working with Fractal on this issue. I've received 2 units and both have the problem. It could just be a bug with my particular MIDI configuration (using a Motu Microlite on Mac).

Have you tried a different USB cable? I recently had a USB cable go rouge and it was causing all kinds of strange issues. A red light would remain on when connected to my Axe Fx 2 even when it was powered off, and when used with my foot controller the LEDs were all orange instead of multicolored like they're supposed to be whether the unit was turned on or off. Changed the USB cable and all the problems disappeared.

Fractal has sent me a replacement unit (with headphone jack). No USB issues with this one. Great support from Kevin and Andrew at Fractal!

Hi. I'm getting this issue now too along with my FM3 not connecting to my computer. See this thread I posted: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-usb-audio-device-wont-connect.171914/

I'm resurrecting this thread because some people are saying Fractal is sending them new units. Does that mean Fractal is going to just send me a new unit, and I don't send in my potentially defective unit? So I will have 2 units? While it would be cool to have two units, I really don't want a second one lying around.

I’d be amazed if you wound up with two FM3s. Think about it for a moment. :)

Anyway, it sounds like it’s time to contact Fractal support.

This happened with my unit with the red led lights turning on after the unit was off due to the midi cables coming from my audio interface were crossed. After correcting the midi cables the issue is gone.

Does that mean Fractal is going to just send me a new unit, and I don't send in my potentially defective unit? So I will have 2 units? While it would be cool to have two units, I really don't want a second one lying around.
Fractal is a small company working in a market with extremely small margins. What are the chances they're going to give you a $999 unit without getting the bad one back?

Back
Top Bottom