LED color use for preset vs. IA

randombastage

Experienced
I'm using 5 Bank size and Reveal to bring up extra IA's in spots 1-5.
When in Reveal the extra IA's use the red and green to show on and off state and this is good, it meshes mentally with what you are accustomed to seeing when you are looking at the rest of the board.

When Reveal isn't in use the buttons 1-5 are for Presets and also use green to show the on status so the board visually doesn't have that dividing line between IA's and Presets, the only indication that you are in Reveal or not is if you look up to the one LED at the top right.

If, instead, the Presets were indicated by an amber LED it would be better because anytime you saw red or green on the bottom row you would know you were in reveal and conversely every time you saw amber you would know you can go straight to a neighboring Preset without having to even think of the Reveal button.

I think LED's change color based on voltage so I'm assuming (I know, bad to do) that this color change could be implemented without a hardware change.

LED's have a separate cathode pin for each color, and share a common anode pin. IOW, each color is a separate element inside the device.

Back
Top Bottom