Leaving AxeFX in vehicle during the day

If we leave the axe2 in the car during the day, the temperature wouldn't be the main concern!

Someone else will take care of it for sure and you just have to wait for a piece to arrive! ;)

So maybe there are no thiefs overthere, in that case you'll be fine with your axe.
Only when there is a high humidity, it couldn't hurt to let the axe acclimatize first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rodz, I agree with you about acclimating your gear to the room temperature, for electronics as well. I'd do the same with my laptop if the situation ever called for it too, i.e. don't walk straight into a meeting and boot up unless I have to.

Even if we're already set up (ie 2nd night of a gig) I come in early enough to let my guitars get to the right temp... otherwise, you have to keep tuning as the guitar warms up or cools down.

confused.gif
Leaving AxeFX in vehicle during the day

Well sure, what could possibly happen???

32u5.jpg

:mrgreen

I try not to leave mine in the car. My gear gets unloaded as soon as I get home because I don't wish to subject my gear to temps ranging from -30 to 100+ F throughout the year. It probably isn't bad for it, but it definitely can't be good for it.

The one time I decided to risk leaving gear in my car because I didn't have time to unload before work, and I lost everything. Someone popped a screwdriver through the lock on my car (amazing how simple and fast it can be done) and removed 10,000 or so in gear from my car without anyone noticing.

I honestly can't advise strongly enough - don't leave gear unattended in your car. Ever. I thought it wasn't a huge risk, and I was in a safe place. I was wrong.

The one time I decided to risk leaving gear in my car because I didn't have time to unload before work, and I lost everything. Someone popped a screwdriver through the lock on my car (amazing how simple and fast it can be done) and removed 10,000 or so in gear from my car without anyone noticing.

I honestly can't advise strongly enough - don't leave gear unattended in your car. Ever. I thought it wasn't a huge risk, and I was in a safe place. I was wrong.

I pray insurance covered you loss!

A lesson for us all. :(

I have a few different bands that I play in currently. Some days I have no option other than taking my gear with me to work and heading to practice afterwards. I am concerned that the AxeFX II might have issues sitting in the rack in my car during the day. Temperatures in northern VA fluctuate (sometimes pretty dramatically).

What tend to be everyone's acceptable limits on either end of the spectrum temperature wise?

The AXE is very well build but I'd avoid leaving it in the car, for many reasons like everyone has already mentioned, what I do in situations that gear has to stay in the car for a while, is bring my cheap back up gear like a ZOOM G3, crate amps etc.. and a cheap backup guitar, specially if it's just rehearsals.

I spring the extra for a covered and patrolled carpark on the rare occasions I have no choice. Maybe you have that option?

My concern is not of my gear being stolen. In this case it will be housed in a small (ish) rack in my trunk area. Far more appealing cars around mine to be broken into considering the area I work. Is it a risk...sure. Spare guitars, etc will be left at my various practice spaces...but transporting my AxeFX requires an occasional "take it to work" day.

Stick it in a pastic bag to keep the moisture out, a good garbage bag (unscented) will do. I usually just wrap mine up in a blanket/quilt which keeps it protected decently until the gig. Also hides it from wandering eyes in the parking lot. As stated already, temperature will not really harm it, but humidity might. I have mine in a rack bag.

I have to leave mine in the trunk or in the trailer all the time overnight between gigs - not carrying a six space rack into hotel rooms at 3AM... regardless of temperature or humidity. Only things needing to go in are guitars cuz they hate major temperature changes. This time of the year in and around NoVA it's dry outside and even drier inside so moisture certainly won't be your issue either - only seedy neighborhoods...

Thanks. Yes...it comes inside overnight...in fact it is sitting next to me right now in it's rack. Just have to tote it with me Friday to work for practice up north. I appreciate all of the comments and advice.

Back
Top Bottom