Learn to make good recordings

Fenris

Inspired
Ey there! I would ask if any of you know a book, web, forum... where I can lear how to make good recordings. The point is that I'm doing experiments with the Axe Fx 2 but I don't have any idea about make a good mix and that. Greetings!

what are you recording on? software? or what ever.... how professional do you need it...?
I just use garageband and a apogee duet 2 interface and the axe fx... sounds good to me...

cheers!

Hola Fenris.

The good news is that with the Axe-FX you don´t have to worry anymore about the difficult techniques of mic placement, rooms, cabs, etc etc.
As Axecellent has suggested, you could indicate what software that you are using: Cakewalk, Garageband, Reaper, Flstudio... and a good starting point is to find a forum for the specific software.

Search for a backing track of the style that you like ie: guitarbackingtrack.com. Import it to your recording software, record few tracks of your guitar, and practice mixing it.

Last edited:
if you want good recordings

get: Logic (mac) OR Pro tools (mac or win)

then get 'Ozone 5' and 'Alloy 2' from IZotope

also u will nedd a TOP end reverb and compressers.

that should set u back 1000000 bucks :)

or you can pick a ny DAW (digital audio workstation) and go on youtube and learn how t o use it

Ey there! I would ask if any of you know a book, web, forum... where I can lear how to make good recordings. The point is that I'm doing experiments with the Axe Fx 2 but I don't have any idea about make a good mix and that. Greetings!

Buy the Systematic Mixing guide:
SYSTEMATIC PRODUCTIONS - Official Website - Mixing Guide

It is packed full of information on recording, mixing, compression, guitar tones, bass tones, drum EQing etc Anytime I'm mixing I pull it out to help me.

Buy the Systematic Mixing guide:
SYSTEMATIC PRODUCTIONS - Official Website - Mixing Guide

It is packed full of information on recording, mixing, compression, guitar tones, bass tones, drum EQing etc Anytime I'm mixing I pull it out to help me.

Thanks! This is the kind of answer I wanted. I didn't talk about software (I use Reaper or Nuendo and Waves plugins), I talked about HOW TO... how to make a good mix (tools to do that, best plugins... that stuff), a good master... I don't want to do that as a professional haha only to learn :) Thanks for that book! I will take a look!! If anybody knows other sources I think that could be interesting to other people.

Back
Top Bottom