Lead Harmony on Something About You - Level 42

TheDought

Hey All,

Band is doing this song and was hoping to cop the guitar harmony on the lead but after some trial and error I could not quite figure it out. I got close trying fixed harmony a 3rd above in A Major, but it's still not quite right. I may also be missing something obvious so any help is appreciated!

Custom shift mode can pretty much cover this. Configure a scale like this. Set remaining notes to similar values (e.g. don't leave some at -24).

E +4
F# +3
G +4
G# +3
A +5
A# +5
B +5
D +4

It sounds like harmony holds its previous A note over lower part's (E, D) 4 notes from the end. You could do some kind of switching to get that, but letting it play (G#, F#) shouldn't sound too bad.

The F# to G/G# bends would sound slightly better if this wish were implemented. You might notice it seems a bit funny as you pass G on the way to G#.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/pitch-block-custom-shift-smooth-tracking.68245/

Last edited:
Custom shift mode can pretty much cover this. Configure a scale like this. Set remaining notes to similar values (e.g. don't leave some at -24).

E +4
F# +3
G +4
G# +3
A +5
A# +5
B +5
D +4

It sounds like harmony holds its previous A note over lower part's (E, D) 4 notes from the end. You could do some kind of switching to get that, but letting it play (G#, F#) shouldn't sound too bad.

The F# to G/G# bends would sound slightly better if this wish were implemented. You might notice it seems a bit funny as you pass G on the way to G#.

Finally got around to trying this over the holiday break. Definitely sounds much better than what I was trying. I see what you mean about the G to G# but it should be close enough for live use.

Really appreciate your help!

Back
Top Bottom