LCD screen went into “Layout Grid”... don’t know why

Paultergeist

Inspired
Greetings,

I recently. Played a gig with my AX8. Normally, I use the AX8 in what I think is called “Footswitch Mode,” where — after loading a particular Pre-set and Scene — each of the (8) footswitch buttons toggles an assigned effect ON or OFF. The LCD screen on the AX8 displays those (8) assigned effects (and indicates whether they are turned ON, etc).

During this gig, somehow the LCD screen went into “Layout Grid” mode — where the LCD screen displayed the linear signal path of the given Pre-set from left to right. I have no idea how this occurred. Pressing various combinations of the footswitch buttons did not get my AX8 out of this. Switching to an entirely different Pre-set also did not get my AX8 LCD display out of this “Layout Grid” mode. Finally, I had to power-off the AX8 and re—start it — it behaved normally once it was power-cycled.

I have no idea how this “Layout Grid” effect occurred, but it makes the LCD display pretty hard to use when keeping track of the (8) footswitch functions. I would like to avoid that happening again during a set.

I am curious if the Layout Grid display has ever appeared on anyone else’s LCD display while playing? Is there a way to prevent this from re-occurring?

Thanks for any insights.

you get to the Layout page by pressing Page on the unit. you probably tapped it. press Exit to exit that screen.

Hey Chris,
Thanks. Great insight, as usual. I wonder if that is exactly what happened while I was playing? Maybe I just somehow bumped that “Page” button?

I couldn’t see the AX8 unit on the stage very well with the ambient lighting — I couldn’t seem to problem-solve very well at the time. I should remember, however, to at least try the “Exit” button.

Thanks again very much for the reply. I’ll make sure I can at least find that “Exit” button — even in very dim lighting.

Back
Top Bottom