Bug? LCD screen - solutions?

crystAlex

Hi there…
Newbie on this forum, first post!
I’d like to know, has anyone here ever read about an LCD issue being solved?

I bought an axe ultra, and after 2 years now, the LCD is failing… The contrast is constantly fluctuating, bordering on being unreadable every few minutes.
Sometimes, however, perfect readability, no fluctuation!

What I found very interesting, is that the fluctuation/fading, seems dependent on the software… E.g.: when I go in the options menu, the readability is perfect, for a few seconds. Perhaps because of a refresh of the screen.

Has anybody had this solved? I live in Western Europe, so I can imagine me shipping the axe-fx back and forth might cost me as much as buying a new one.
Perhaps an LCD can be shipped? Or perhaps elements above suggest a software solution?

Curious about you guys’ experience!

In advance: thanks, and cheers!

alex

Open the case and check every cable connection to the LCD.

G66 is in Germany, they can help you.

Open the case and check every cable connection to the LCD.

G66 is in Germany, they can help you.

Thanks!
Driving to G66 might be a good option.
If the problem gets worse, I'll try and make an appointment.
For now, the problem seems to have lessened. Coincidence or not, I turned the ground lift on.

Anybody else got some tips/experience?

a.

Could be way wrong... but, maybe first signs of internal battery failing?

First sign of battery failure is usually not remembering settings and presets. The internal battery is there to keep the memory under current. If it fails, it forgets.
LCD screen readability shouldn't be related to the backup battery. Unless that's the setting it's forgetting first.

Can't hurt, though. Replacing the battery is easy, it's just clamped in. Take care to not strip the screws.

G66 is located in the upper north of Germany. Shipping it is cheaper unless you live within maybe 100km. Just slower.
They are top notch and all pro, though. G66 Rules the Rock.

Reactions: Ole
G66 is located in the upper north of Germany. Shipping it is cheaper unless you live within maybe 100km. Just slower.
They are top notch and all pro, though. G66 Rules the Rock.
Haha, dank je!

Well, I just checked.
It's a 7h drive. Might be long, but would feel better than dropping my axe in the mail :)
Strange. The problem has definitely lessened since I'm using the ground lift. We'll see if it pops up.

Probably unrelated, but AFAIK the algo's/sound get precedence above the LCD, so if you have a very CPU heavy patch, this might possibly happen. But that still doesn't explain why you don't have it on some pages, I guess...

Happy driving. I once considered the same, but it *is* a very long drive... :mrgreen
If you do, take Belgian chocolates and a pic of Sussi... ;)

Probably unrelated, but AFAIK the algo's/sound get precedence above the LCD, so if you have a very CPU heavy patch, this might possibly happen. But that still doesn't explain why you don't have it on some pages, I guess...

Happy driving. I once considered the same, but it *is* a very long drive... :mrgreen
If you do, take Belgian chocolates and a pic of Sussi... ;)

Hmm... I saw the same problem for very light patches.
I get that chocolates might get me a faster service... But the sussi pic? Sorry, that's got to be an inside joke... :)

Back
Top Bottom