LCD Screen Problem

Sportacus

Inspired
Anyone come across this issue? I switched on the Axe Fx 2 mark 1 and the screen shows scrolling horizontal lines. No display.

I checked that the ribbon cables are all seated correctly. The unit plays fine otherwise. No display.

Help.

I don't have lines in my display but my mkI also shows some strange display behaviour.
It seems to lose it's displaying strength. I mean it kinda seems to lose it's contrast.
And no...I am aware that the AxeFx dims the screen occasionally when it is under heavy cpu load but that is not what I mean.
Even setting the contrast to max makes little to no difference.
Perhaps a defect in the older versions?

Concerning your screen....I would have checked the ribbon cables too.
Any discolouration on the cables or solder-joints due to condensation?

thanks for replying,
No the ribbon cables are standard "PC type" cables with plastic ends.
Everything else works fine and is working with axe-edit. I checked every cable is seated correctly and re-seated the LCD ribbons.
Could it be a firmware issue? I'm on 7.02

Yes I also own a mk1 and also have display problems for more than a year or so. Sometimes I get a blank screen. But mostly when I restart it for the second time it is ok again. Sometimes I also get a dimmed screen like vistalee is saying in the post above. Other times it is ok again. Not sure what it can be or what can be done about it.

Did not have the scrolling lines problem. Best to contact support asap.

I did have the fading screen. Usually pulling and re-attaching the ribbon would fix it for a while, but it would keep coming back and it seemed like faster every time.
Finally G66 sent me a replacement screen and it's been good since. Although lately I have had a feeling that it was starting to fade again.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll email G66.
The link for parts is the US site Dutch.
The screen scrolls lines such as :
IMG_20170417_0017358_rewind.jpg

Where does the graphics chip reside Solo-Act?? Is it on the LCD board?

Just guessing, and don't quote me on this, but that might be graphics chip and not the screen. I assume G66 will coordinate with Fractal on this. You can always email Fractal support directly for a response & plan. I don't know where the chip is. AFAIK, it's a non-serviceable part.

Thanks for that. I've emailed G66 for advice.

ok, let us know what they say. I might have to do the same with my blank (and fading) screen problems. Not sure if it is the screen itself or the chip or the cable. How can I tell?

ok, let us know what they say. I might have to do the same with my blank (and fading) screen problems. Not sure if it is the screen itself or the chip or the cable. How can I tell?
Disconnect the unit from the mains power.
Take the 12 screws off the top and open the box. Watch you don't pull too hard on the fan power cable. Disconnected the fan power cable from the main board.
Check that the ribbon cable is seated properly at both ends.
put everything back together the way that it was taken apart - pay attention to where the fan is sited.

I know. But it at least means that they can be acquired. Probably also via G66. G66 rocks.

Cheers Dutch. I appreciate your input.

Anyone come across this issue? I switched on the Axe Fx 2 mark 1 and the screen shows scrolling horizontal lines. No display.

I checked that the ribbon cables are all seated correctly. The unit plays fine otherwise. No display.

Help.
Problem solved?
.....buttery replacement?

Last edited:
I can't thank Jochen and G66 enough for the first class support!
The new LCD screen arrived today. I have replaced it and all is working well again.
I also replaced the battery whilst I was in there.

Back
Top Bottom