LCD Display question.

octatonic

Experienced
Is there a way to keep the FX8's LCD screen permanently on this view?

FAS-007-2.jpg

It is irritating when it I switch in a new block and the display changes to show the parameters for that block.
My presets are fairly complex and I need to see what I have available in each one.

Is there a way to keep the FX8's LCD screen permanently on this view?

It is irritating when it I switch in a new block and the display changes to show the parameters for that block.
My presets are fairly complex and I need to see what I have available in each one.

Can you be more specific about how you are editing your presets?

Currently, if you are editing the preset from the front panel of the FX8 and you drop a block onto the grid, the view stays on the grid. The block parameters are not shown until you press the EDIT key. If you are editing the preset from FX8-Edit, then the editor as taken over the unit. You should be able to see everything you require on the editor screen as the grid view is visible whenever you are editing blocks. Once you have connected to the FX8 (or AxeFX) with the editor, interacting with the unit from the front panel can result in screen changes driven by the editor.

Ah ok, that must be it then.
I was leaving the USB cable connected to the FX8 when testing the patches.
I'd disconnect it and see if it is as expected.

Ah ok, that must be it then.
I was leaving the USB cable connected to the FX8 when testing the patches.
I'd disconnect it and see if it is as expected.

There is a pause button in the upper left hand corner of the editor.

Ok, here's a related question. When editing the FX8 from the face of the unit sometimes I want to turn on/off another effect so I can hear how the edits sound with the on/off settings of other blocks. When you turn on or off a block, the editing screen changes to that block. It would be nice it there were a way to keep it locked to the effect I am editing instead of jumping to the edit screen of the block I have just toggled on or off. I can see why the current functionality might be desirable, but I find it annoying. If I want to edit a different effect, I would prefer to exit the edit mode, navigate to the effect I want to edit, and then enter the edit mode rather than have it automatically switch when a different block is turned on or off.

I hope that makes sense...

Back
Top Bottom