LCD cover- question

Stratman68

Axe-Master
Hi
I remember the thread about using tech armour or some such material to cover the lcd for protection.

Question is: Did you guys who did this cut out the "cover material" so it fit inside and rested right on the lcd or did you cut it bigger and just cover from screws ot knobs?

Just wondering about heat? Yes dumb old question, but still would like to know
Thanks
Frank

I'd like to know myself...mine is new and still has the plastic, but I won't leave it on there for long.

I'd like to know myself...mine is new and still has the plastic, but I won't leave it on there for long.

It will probably take someone who was in the original thread to get an answer. I am guessing that since the material is made for an ipad type device, it would be safe to lay in and on top of the AX8 lcd.
But I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Oh man! This is a super huge pet peeve of mine. Take that damn cat hair collecting dust bunny magnet off and trow it in the trash. How bad do you actually think the screen will get if you use it? Just use the thing already. GHHhhhhhhhhaqaqaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! LOL :eek::rolleyes:o_O:mad::)

Agree with post above. I removed the plastic from my Ultra in 2009 and display is still fine. Same with the AX8 last year.

But then, I don't have plastic on my furniture at home either. ;-)

However I would like a clear silicone cover like you can get for keyboards to cover my MFC foot controller. I know its just a matter of time before some ass hat pours a beer into it.

Oh man! This is a super huge pet peeve of mine. Take that damn cat hair collecting dust bunny magnet off and trow it in the trash. How bad do you actually think the screen will get if you use it? Just use the thing already. GHHhhhhhhhhaqaqaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! LOL :eek::rolleyes:o_O:mad::)

Not sure I understand your reply? If you are saying I do NOT need a cover, I know that. But since I WANT a cover, I asked the question. It's not like I am new to Fractal or it's products, quite the opposite.
Anyway thanks for your reply.

Pretty sad state of affairs that the only replies when 2 people look for help are sarcastic, negative posts. Like some fractal law was broken by this oh so controversial question. Thanks folks.

I would think putting a cover on it would be fine. I personally would cut it out just to fit the screen only. I haven't done this for the AX8, but I have for other devices like cameras and stuff.

I would think putting a cover on it would be fine. I personally would cut it out just to fit the screen only. I haven't done this for the AX8, but I have for other devices like cameras and stuff.

Hey-been a while....Thanks very much for the reply. Appreciate it and I imagine wildwind will appreciate it also. Just as a note. I have stated a few times that I have owned every axefx made, from standard to xl+. Now the ax8. I always took the plastic cover off immediately. I have some issues (physical in nature, and I have come close to scraping the lcd a few times. Just want to protect it a bit.
Never would have realized it was an issue to do that.
should be going to visit my sister soon. She's in Pisgah Forest. Beautiful place. Asheville also, IMHO, ha one of the best VA hospitals in the USA. Just sayin

Thanks again
Frank

Same here. I used a generic universal fit tablet screen protector and had enough to cut a cover for both my Axe II and my MFC101 screens. Cheap protection.

Even if it does get scratched or cracked somehow, Fractal sells replacement LCD cover panels for all their devices. The outer surface is just a clear plastic lens that is silk screened with the input meters and status LED labels. The actual LCD screen itself sits back a few millimeters behind a small gap for protection.

I too loathe leaving that flimsy shipping protector on. It's like driving a new car around like this:

custom_car_covers_3.jpg

I've been working on these for a little while now. I've been making these protectors for the Line 6 Helix for over a year now. These are made from .010 Lexan. This one is just a prototype but I'm real close to start providing these for people who want them. I had a mark on my screen the first few days after I got my AX8 so I needed to do something.
18891609_233230483834102_4092480235789367915_o.jpg

Did not mean to offend you. Just sharing my experience that I have had no problems in several years in leaving the screen uncovered. Your case may be different.

I have never had a problem with the screen getting scratched but I don't gig out that much anymore. If I did I like Glenn's solution as long as it was easy to remove and replace!... Nice job Glenn very slick indeed!

On another note if there is to be another AX8 version and I had any input I would love to see the knobs be of the push to recess type!

Did not mean to offend you. Just sharing my experience that I have had no problems in several years in leaving the screen uncovered. Your case may be different.

That's Ok-wasn't really you. But I shouldn't have got upset in the first place. Stupid of me....Thanks for the thoughts....

I have never had a problem with the screen getting scratched but I don't gig out that much anymore. If I did I like Glenn's solution as long as it was easy to remove and replace!... Nice job Glenn very slick indeed!

On another note if there is to be another AX8 version and I had any input I would love to see the knobs be of the push to recess type!

Recessed knobs...Cool idea. I hit those also..But it's mostly my left foot that, well, goes astray.....on the LCD side.

Recessed knobs...Cool idea. I hit those also..But it's mostly my left foot that, well, goes astray.....on the LCD side.

Yup! first time I saw them was on an Art SLA amp and thought it would be a great idea to have them on the AX8! at least for a physical interface anyway.

I've been working on these for a little while now. I've been making these protectors for the Line 6 Helix for over a year now. These are made from .010 Lexan. This one is just a prototype but I'm real close to start providing these for people who want them. I had a mark on my screen the first few days after I got my AX8 so I needed to do something.
18891609_233230483834102_4092480235789367915_o.jpg

That's looking good Glenn, would be interested once you consider selling some of those ;)

Back
Top Bottom