Layouts

L

luke

Can you use different layouts per preset?

On preset 1, use layout 1.

On preset 2, layout 3.

How do you get a layout to stick to a preset?

You can't do per-preset layout selection but you can override the switches on a per-preset basis. So you could, for example, have layout 1 be a bunch of defaults and then, in preset 1 you change all those switches to something else, preset 2 another something else.

It's more work. But that's how it is at present.

Layouts are not specific to a preset.

You can create a layout that uses only per-preset buttons and then define the buttons you want in each preset.

You can also use the Layout Link option to load a given layout after pressing the preset button.

Oh, interesting. I didn't realize that was possible. I'd read layout linking as a multi-FC feature and had mostly ignored it having only one FC here.
Yep - Layout Link is a "secondary function" on every switch :)

I've yet to use them or per-preset switches as I haven't yet had a need, but that's a different story...

Layouts are not specific to a preset.

You can create a layout that uses only per-preset buttons and then define the buttons you want in each preset.

You can also use the Layout Link option to load a given layout after pressing the preset button.

Could you elaborate in these ideas?

Could you elaborate in these ideas?
I think you might want to read the relevant sections of FC manual.

Presets can contain up to 24 per-preset switch overrides - in one of two different ways. This allows you to essentially have a custom layout per preset.

The Layout Link "secondary" function allows you to specify a layout to change to after a button is pressed.

So for example, you can define a button that switches to preset #10 and then changes to layout 3.

The Layout Link "secondary" function allows you to specify a layout to change to after a button is pressed.

So for example, you can define a button that switches to preset #10 and then changes to layout 3.
If you only had a handful of presets you needed access to, and could dedicate switches to those exact presets, this would work pretty well.

If you only had a handful of presets you needed access to, and could dedicate switches to those exact presets, this would work pretty well.
Yes... In general, I don't personally think it's the best option for most people.

The user case which I will explore soon: assign each preset switch in my Presets layout to use Link Layout to change to my Scenes layout after changing the preset.

I use the preset-in-bank switches with the layout switcher to switch one of my two FC6es from my bank/preset selection layout to my scene selection layout with per-preset overrides setting up the available scenes in each preset. The other FC6 stays on my effects/controller layout, which is all per-preset overrides.

Back
Top Bottom