Layouts of Banks won't allow a "none" for preset engage

It would give FC press and hold functions the option to work like MFC buttons, where they repeat at a steady rate when you hold them down. There are a few bigger fish to fry first, but I am told this should be pretty easy.

It would give FC press and hold functions the option to work like MFC buttons, where they repeat at a steady rate when you hold them down. There are a few bigger fish to fry first, but I am told this should be pretty easy.
This would do the trick. Many ways to skin the cat!

An easier method would be for you all to allow the back of FC jacks labeled Switches 1+2 and 3+4 to have external buttons to bank up and down or whatever.
Would love to see this option! Then we could have 2 dedicated external buttons to do it.
Would love this as well. And it'd eliminate the need for the wider footprint w/ external switches.

Would love to see this option! Then we could have 2 dedicated external buttons to do it.

Would love this as well. And it'd eliminate the need for the wider footprint w/ external switches.

And to be clear Fractal...this would not eliminate folks buying the FC12. I still want an FC12 even if the external back jacks were assignable to whatever. Frankly I've NEVER USED THE EXTERNAL JACKS BEFORE. So making them actually be functional would be the cat's meow or even the Bee's Knees

The following settings allow me to increment/decrement the bank using one layout and then select a preset in the bank using another layout. Switch 6 long press changes between selecting a preset and incrementing/decrementing a bank. A preset is not loaded until I select a preset on the PRESET layout. I can bank up and and down all I want. The labels on the PRESET layout reflect the currently selected bank of presets, not the active preset or bank that the active preset happens to belong to.

Is this not what you're after?

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 7.45.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 7.47.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 7.47.58 PM.png

Edit: here are my system settings, including these FC-6 layout settings. You should back up your system settings with Fractal-Bot before loading these.

Last edited:
The following settings allow me to increment/decrement the bank using one layout and then select a preset in the bank using another layout. Switch 6 long press changes between selecting a preset and incrementing/decrementing a bank. A preset is not loaded until I select a preset on the PRESET layout. I can bank up and and down all I want. The labels on the PRESET layout reflect the currently selected bank of presets, not the active preset or bank that the active preset happens to belong to.

View attachment 53981

View attachment 53982

View attachment 53983

Edit: here are my system settings, including these FC-6 layout settings. You should back up your system settings with Fractal-Bot before loading these.
I'll have to revisit this tonight. It may be. Hard to tell since away from unit, but maybe I have not chosen something correctly. Looks like what I'm after.

View attachment 53981

View attachment 53982

View attachment 53983

Tried it here, it works.
Great work Laresee.
This right here is a great example of how flexible the FC is.
It's a very specific setup most people will not need / use and actually very simple to setup.

Last edited:
I'll have to revisit this tonight. It may be. Hard to tell since away from unit, but maybe I have not chosen something correctly. Looks like what I'm after.
You could switch to bank size four. Put reveal on hold press of switch three and preset select on hold press of switches 1, 2, 4 and 5 and this would all fit on one, single layout too.

View attachment 53981

View attachment 53982

View attachment 53983

Ok this worked. Basically I didn't set the bank up and down in 1,3,5 up and down to none for preset load as I had already done for preset layout and not bank layout. My bad. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom