Layouts of Banks won't allow a "none" for preset engage

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Right now on my FC6 the bottom right "hold" takes me to my layout 5 which is set to banks. I have the 6 buttons in this layout set to +1, -1, +3, -3, +5, -5. As is, there is no way to be on a patch.....go into this menu and toggle up to the next bank and not have it auto engage a preset within that bank. So say I have a crazy effect patch in bank page 6 and I engage that, then go to the bank 1 page and have access to hit any of those 6 while still having that crazy effect patch I selected first. I basically want to have that bank page set to go, but not activate any of them until I decide.

Set Preset Load on the switch to None to stop the switch from loading a preset when you change into the bank.

Example:

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 7.47.02 PM.png

Edit: if all your switches in that layout change banks at different intervals, how do you load a preset from the bank? Do you have another layout for presets?

Set Preset Load on the switch to None to stop the switch from loading a preset when you change into the bank.

Example:

View attachment 53947

Edit: if all your switches in that layout change banks at different intervals, how do you load a preset from the bank? Do you have another layout for presets?
Would not work as my single tap is presets. My hold is layout and layout 5 is what allows the changes. Basically they need the "none" for the hold as well.

Would not work as my single tap is presets. My hold is layout and layout 5 is what allows the changes. Basically they need the "none" for the hold as well.
There is "None" for hold as well:

Screen Shot 2019-04-08 at 8.03.44 PM.png

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're doing? Can you post a screen shot of your layout from Axe-Edit III?

There is "None" for hold as well:

View attachment 53948

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're doing? Can you post a screen shot of your layout from Axe-Edit III?
Not for layouts. I utilize layouts because layout 5 is my banking layout. Trouble with only 6 buttons is I can't navigate quickly enough through the Banks. On the MFC101 there was dedicated up and down buttons for banking. In the FC6 I need 6 presets at a glance and if I assigned a long hold for up and down banking, it would take too long live to hop to. So I have a layout that has +1, -1, +3, -3, +5, -5. If I'm in Bank O and need to get to bank 6 I long hold the bottom right button and takes me to layout 5 that has the above mentioned quick hops. I then can press the +5 and then +1 to get to Bank 6 from Bank O. Works great. But again the"none" isn't available in this scenario. It auto loads the first preset when I hop in this fashion. Not ideal when you want to have live a preset from another bank, but have the next bank ready to go once you've finished with the loaded first preset.

Uploading your "System + Global Blocks + FC" backup from Fractal-Bot would be helpful, too.
I'll try to do this next time I'm in front. I believe I'm not missing anything, but functionality wise it can't without update to do so.

Right now on my FC6 the bottom right "hold" takes me to my layout 5 which is set to banks. I have the 6 buttons in this layout set to +1, -1, +3, -3, +5, -5. As is, there is no way to be on a patch.....go into this menu and toggle up to the next bank and not have it auto engage a preset within that bank. So say I have a crazy effect patch in bank page 6 and I engage that, then go to the bank 1 page and have access to hit any of those 6 while still having that crazy effect patch I selected first. I basically want to have that bank page set to go, but not activate any of them until I decide.
Probably not fully understanding your description. When I bank up or down I can see all the presets in that bank but I need to select a preset for it to load. Is this not the case for you?

Probably not fully understanding your description. When I bank up or down I can see all the presets in that bank but I need to select a preset for it to load. Is this not the case for you?
Yes....if I had the upper right switch for up bank and the lower right switch for down bank. This does work. But I don't want that because a long hold takes to long live to go to say bank #10 from #0. That's why I use a layout for bank increments. When layouts is selected, this does not work in this fashion.

Try it. Add hold function for layout and have that layout be layout 5. The set each of the buttons to the +1,-1, +3, -3, +5, -5. Go to say bank #8 and select a preset and load. Then hold down the button you assigned to go to layout 5 with the increments stated above. Jump to any bank you want and it will auto load the first preset when you do. I want to go to that bank...but still have my preset loaded prior active, UNTIL I choose a new preset to go to in the new bank. You can't as is.

I would like to help but I still don't understand. Can you please try again with very precise instructions?

> Add hold function for layout
WHERE? Which layout are we on?

> The set each of the buttons to the +1,-1, +3, -3, +5, -5.
Huh? +1 what? Bank? Preset? What are the other settings? Is this a tap? A hold? I want to help but you need to be very precise.

> Go to say bank #8 and select a preset and load.
Again I don't understand what you're doing here.

I would like to help but I still don't understand. Can you please try again with very precise instructions?

> Add hold function for layout
WHERE? Which layout are we on?

> The set each of the buttons to the +1,-1, +3, -3, +5, -5.
Huh? +1 what? Bank? Preset? What are the other settings? Is this a tap? A hold? I want to help but you need to be very precise.

> Go to say bank #8 and select a preset and load.
Again I don't understand what you're doing here.
I don't know how to be more specific. I long hold a button that is set up for LAYOUTS. That layout is LAYOUT #5 and is named BANKS. This gives me access to do up or down 1,3,5 at a time and JUMP to that bank. I then LONG HOLD again to come out of layouts and there I am in the Bank I chose with 6 presets, ready to go. But I cannot have 'NONE' selected as is auto goes to first preset in that bank without me selecting. I truly do not know how to be more precise than this and sorry if you don't follow. I am not trying to be rude nor condescending. I appreciate you trying to solve or correct via firmware. Thanks!

Last edited:
An easier method would be for you all to allow the back of FC jacks labeled Switches 1+2 and 3+4 to have external buttons to bank up and down or whatever. This would eliminate the issue of not being able to quickly bank up and down like we did on the MFC101. I realize I could dedicate 2 buttons to short press and do this. But this not practical with only 6 buttons on the device. I have to have those for presets at a quick button function.

Maybe a video? Be sure to also upload your files so we can try to reproduce the report.

I recognize the request for external switches that can behave more like onboard switches but let's focus first on whether you are dealing with a bug.

If I understand correctly I think the unit is really designed to function where you select your bank on the same layout as the preset selections. The whole idea of jumping to different layouts to select banks and then jump back to your preset layout is not functional.
Totally agree with using ext switches for bank selection.

If I understand correctly I think the unit is really designed to function where you select your bank on the same layout as the preset selections. The whole idea of jumping to different layouts to select banks and then jump back to your preset layout is not functional.
Totally agree with using ext switches for bank selection.
I understand but the idea is I can't take the time to long hold for say going up 5 banks. Live that is silly. The MFC101 I could just toggle up an down at a fast pace. I could with the FC6 too but that would kill 2 preset buttons for quick 1 press functionality.

At this point, we really need your FC config to help you out. Words are too hard, but the config is precise.
I won't be in front of it until tomorrow evening. I'll video what I'm stating and send documented pics of what I'm talking about.

Another thing I should mention is that "TYPEMATIC ACTION" for press and hold made it past the "Wish List" stage and is on the to do list.

I think this will solve your problem in a different way.

Another thing I should mention is that "TYPEMATIC ACTION" for press and hold made it past the "Wish List" stage and is on the to do list.

Now that could be a handy feature.

Sounds amazing...but have no idea what this means! Lol!

Back
Top Bottom