layouts issue

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
Not sure if its a bug or user error:

I made a layout called SCENE TOGGLE: switch one is scene toggle. It works, but by toggling scenes - it also changes a layout to a different layout (SCENES).
I dont want it to change layouts - i just want the switch to toggle scenes.
What am i doing wrong?

Not sure if its a bug or user error:

I made a layout called SCENE TOGGLE: switch one is scene toggle. It works, but by toggling scenes - it also changes a layout to a different layout (SCENES).
I dont want it to change layouts - i just want the switch to toggle scenes.
What am i doing wrong?
The Scenes layout can go between the different scenes of a preset with no issue, so I guess I'm a little confused by what you want to be able to do by "toggle" scenes. Have you experimented at all with the Perform layout?

The Scenes layout can go between the different scenes of a preset with no issue, so I guess I'm a little confused by what you want to be able to do by "toggle" scenes. Have you experimented at all with the Perform layout?
Do you understand what Scene Toggle is for? It sounds like you don't.

In any case, that isn't the issue. The issue is that the Layout is being changed when the switch is used which likely indicates a layout link is present

I have not used Scene Toggling. The concept is foreign to me.
The basic approach is to use one switch to "toggle" between 2 scenes.

For example, on the 3 FM3 switches you might have:

SW1 - scene 1/4
SW2 - scene 2/5
SW3 - scene 3/6

This allows 6 scenes to be fairly accessible via Tap functions only.

You might want to give the Fractal Audio Footswitch Functions Guide a read. Lots of info about the power of the Footswitch use on FM3 and FCs.

The basic approach is to use one switch to "toggle" between 2 scenes.

For example, on the 3 FM3 switches you might have:

SW1 - scene 1/4
SW2 - scene 2/5
SW3 - scene 3/6

This allows 6 scenes to be fairly accessible via Tap functions only.

You might want to give the Fractal Audio Footswitch Functions Guide a read. Lots of info about the power of the Footswitch use on FM3 and FCs.
Ok. The concept isn't foreign to me. I already do this on my FM3 on the perform layout. I didn't realize there was a term for it in the manual. I may not have all the verbiage down... 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom