Layout switching.. buggy for anyone?

McGurk

Hey FM9 community, I was wondering if this is a known bug or not..

I occasionally get switched back to Layout 1 when pressing my footswitches. I've checked all of the layout link things to see if something's set weird, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. It happens very rarely, and then when I try to get it to repeat the behavior, I can't.

Is this just kind of a weird bug? Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas why this might be happening to me?

Thanks!

Hey FM9 community, I was wondering if this is a known bug or not..

I occasionally get switched back to Layout 1 when pressing my footswitches. I've checked all of the layout link things to see if something's set weird, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. It happens very rarely, and then when I try to get it to repeat the behavior, I can't.

Is this just kind of a weird bug? Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas why this might be happening to me?

Thanks!
Interesting you bring this up! I actually experienced this yesterday during a worship service. I have my reverbs set up to stack via a control switch on the same PP as the reverb switch, and upon holding the control switch and stacking, the PP layout switched by itself to the scenes page.

Then a little later on, when back in my PP Layout, I switched on a drive, and it changed my PP Layout to the Scenes Layout again.

It didn’t happen anymore after these things, but I did notice it!

I am admittedly still on 2.01 beta v2; I didn’t want to update to the official release before the service. Which version did you notice this on?

Yes! Not often but it’s happened several times.
Luckily it’s only one button click back to where I was but it’s annoying.
Do you have a switch set for that or is there a built in way to get it to switch back?

Interesting you bring this up! I actually experienced this yesterday during a worship service. I have my reverbs set up to stack via a control switch on the same PP as the reverb switch, and upon holding the control switch and stacking, the PP layout switched by itself to the scenes page.

Then a little later on, when back in my PP Layout, I switched on a drive, and it changed my PP Layout to the Scenes Layout again.

It didn’t happen anymore after these things, but I did notice it!

I am admittedly still on 2.01 beta v2; I didn’t want to update to the official release before the service. Which version did you notice this on?
This has happened to me many times on firmware 1 and is still happening with the latest release of 2.01.

Do you have a switch set for that or is there a built in way to get it to switch back?

This has happened to me many times on firmware 1 and is still happening with the latest release of 2.01.
Interesting! I just did a church service a couple of hours ago and everything worked as expected, but I have a two services for Resurrection Sunday tomorrow, so I’ll see how it works.

New to this forum so not sure where you report bugs. But I decided to try the new set list layout on the FX III. Right after I noticed my tuner wasn't working. Spent few hours trying to figure out if I had built something wrong in the set list. I finally figured it was the new layout. So reset the controller I/O sections and it now works fine.

Last edited:
New to this forum so not sure where you report bugs. But I decided to try the new set list layout. Right after I noticed my tuner wasn't working. Spent few hours trying to figure out if I had built something wrong in the set list. I finally figured it was the new layout. So reset the controller I/O sections and it now works fine.
The FM9 doesn't have the setlist capability yet. I'm guessing you were using the Axe-FX III.

Ha, and I thought I was doing something wrong. Yes, I have experienced this. It doesn't happen all the time, maybe once every 2-3 weeks. I has happened primarily at practice when I'm pressing a lot of buttons ;) (haven't gigged with the FM9 yet).

Its a simple fix; however, depending on the timing during a song, it could be very problematic.

It happens to me most regularly on the third button from the left. I don't know why it might be related to a single button as it's not a PP/override or anything like that. It's random and annoying. Would be nice if the Company worked to get FM9 up to speed on bugs like this and the other tweaks already rolled out for the other two products.

I had it happen at practice last week when using the tap tempo. I think I jinxed myself because it happened three times. Gig next weekend...fingers crossed.
This is actually exactly when it happens to me; during tap tempo. I played two church services on Tuesday (different locations), and it happened once at each.

I've had this happen a few times as well. Would be nice if Fractal would chase this bug down and stomp it.
I’d guess it can be difficult to Chase down a bug if those reporting it don’t give any/enough specifics. It would probably be helpful to include what function you were trying to use and which layout and switch that function was on. In fairness, some of the folks reporting have given some specifics.

And I’m not a software engineer. I’m just saying that seems logical. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I’d guess it can be difficult to Chase down a bug if those reporting it don’t give any/enough specifics. It would probably be helpful to include what function you were trying to use and which layout and switch that function was on. In fairness, some of the folks reporting have given some specifics.

And I’m not a software engineer. I’m just saying that seems logical. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I did above when I mentioned it happened using the tap tempo.

I had it happen at practice last week when using the tap tempo. I think I jinxed myself because it happened three times. Gig next weekend...fingers crossed.

For me it's been fairly random. I remembered one time I was turning on the Drive. CPU was 79% so that may also have something to do with it. Right before my gig I went through and tweaked my preset and took out some unneeded blocks and was at 62% so it will be interesting to see if it happens again. I did not have a problem at practice on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom