Layout Factory FM9

Vincenzo

Hi, is the layout of FM 9 compatible with FM3 + FC6? I am using OMG9 but it is different than FM9. Anyone know where to download? Thanks.

What are you trying to do? Do you want to use the FM9 layout on the FM3/FC6? Or use the OMG9 layout on the FM9?

If you have the FM9, there’s a layout called OFM9G that is similar to the OMG9 that people use with FM3/FC6 but optimized for the FM9. You don’t even have to download that; you just select it from setup.

This has been discussed in a couple of other threads, including one I started. Another member actually posted a layout that is very similar to the FM9 layout using the FM3 and FC6 combo. I have not tried it nor have I seen any feedback from anyone who has. A quick forum search should find it.

This has been discussed in a couple of other threads, including one I started. Another member actually posted a layout that is very similar to the FM9 layout using the FM3 and FC6 combo. I have not tried it nor have I seen any feedback from anyone who has. A quick forum search should find it.
I tried it and could not get it to work properly on my FM3/FC-6 combo.

Thanks for that feedback. I decided to just get on the FM9 waitlist. I don’t have the skills to create such a layout. I do think it would offer a different workflow/approach for preset use from what I can tell about the FM9 layout. It certainly seems like it could be done. I would guess that it is probably not on Fractals “To-Do” list so it would have to be a user contribution.

What are you trying to do? Do you want to use the FM9 layout on the FM3/FC6? Or use the OMG9 layout on the FM9?

If you have the FM9, there’s a layout called OFM9G that is similar to the OMG9 that people use with FM3/FC6 but optimized for the FM9. You don’t even have to download that; you just select it from setup.
I have the FM9 and tried to load this optional layout under setup and reset. it says hit enter then enter again for yes but it doesn't load....

I have the FM9 and tried to load this optional layout under setup and reset. it says hit enter then enter again for yes but it doesn't load....
Are you sure the OFM9G layout isn’t already loaded? The top right 3 buttons would be presets, scenes, and effects (can’t remember the order right now).if you hit the scenes button the bottom row should be scene1 - 4, more, and tap (hold for tuner).

Edit: I just checked this again and it makes me even more convinced that it actually did load the OFM9G layout but you just didn’t notice. Can’t really blame you because, from the factory presets layout, literally the only thing that changes when you switch to the OFM9G is that the Tap Tempo switch changes to Effects (with the same LED color too).

Note: The effect of the change is much more significant overall than that sounds. The scenes page is quite different and the factory layout doesn’t provide direct access to the effects layout.

Last edited:
I just did this yesterday!! I was a tad frustrated with the tap dancing and guys from another group made two great suggestions. One was the OFM9G and two, set my volume (expression pedal) so when its in heal position the tuner turns on. I feel much better about this now. A lot less tap dancing. Many suggested i make my own layouts, but I'm still learning Fractal and not ready to take the plunge.

Here's the tuner / heal video tutorial:

Is there any benefit to having a particular layout vs. just making every switch do exactly what you want?
Well….that’s kinda what a layout is. The factory layout and the OFM9G can be looked at as examples. The benefit is only that they’re prebuilt and if you like them as is, great. If you just want to tweak them a tiny bit you can do that. Or you can just build from scratch.

The OFM9G is super intuitive and a really good example, but there’s no reason a person has to stick with it or anything else.

You can edit the layouts so each switch does basically whatever you want. Make it your own.

Where is this layout?

Is there any benefit to having a particular layout vs. just making every switch do exactly what you want?
If you know what you want each switch to do and how to program them, no. If you want to see options of how to set up different layouts and/or switch configurations then yes.

Back
Top Bottom