Lava Cable - Brent Mason Clinic

kkolb71

Inspired
I got the chance to visit the Lava Cable factory in Tulsa, Oklahoma this weekend and see Nashville studio master, Brent Mason for a 2 hour clinic. He was awesome and very personable. If you guys have not tried Lava Cable give them a shot. The CEO, Mark Stoddard and his team make really good cables and accessories here in the USA.

No doubt Lava Cable make good stuff but I'd recommend Best-Tronics / Guitar-cable.com. I wanted to try out one of those "boutique" cables. Lava Cable have it on their site. I ordered and checked out only to get an e-mail later that they didn't carry the cable anymore and they were going to switch it out for one of their own brand. I have nothing against their own brand but I wanted to try out a specific cable and the whole thing had a bait n' switch feel to it. I asked for the order to be cancelled on more than one occasion. Started to not get replies back. Open a dispute with PayPal and got the refund.

I originally went with Lava Cable from Mark's posts on Huge Racks Inc. but in the end placed an order with Best-Tronics for the cable I wanted and got it without issue.

Mr. Stoddard and I have done a fair bit of business in the past, and most certainly will in the coming months and years. Excellent customer service, top-quality cables, terrific patch-cable system, and good gradings for the quality/capacitance throughout the whole line up.

Just as an aside - for custom XLR/TRS or the like, Gotham all the way.

But ya, Mark and his company are a great business to work with.
Mo

No doubt Lava Cable make good stuff but I'd recommend Best-Tronics / Guitar-cable.com. I wanted to try out one of those "boutique" cables. Lava Cable have it on their site. I ordered and checked out only to get an e-mail later that they didn't carry the cable anymore and they were going to switch it out for one of their own brand. I have nothing against their own brand but I wanted to try out a specific cable and the whole thing had a bait n' switch feel to it. I asked for the order to be cancelled on more than one occasion. Started to not get replies back. Open a dispute with PayPal and got the refund.

I originally went with Lava Cable from Mark's posts on Huge Racks Inc. but in the end placed an order with Best-Tronics for the cable I wanted and got it without issue.

I had similar issues with Lava cable's service. It was very unprofessional, was told that I would get the order shipped in a day or two, 1 week later, I write and he has excuses on why, says it will go out the next day, it took another week and a half. Then the cable arrived and didn't work properly. So in the end I requested a refund which took more work than it was worth too. I have now switched to Death Valley cables, I couldn't be happier, everything has been above my expectation with them.

I had similar issues with Lava cable's service. It was very unprofessional, was told that I would get the order shipped in a day or two, 1 week later, I write and he has excuses on why, says it will go out the next day, it took another week and a half. Then the cable arrived and didn't work properly. So in the end I requested a refund which took more work than it was worth too. I have now switched to Death Valley cables, I couldn't be happier, everything has been above my expectation with them.

My experience was similar...I wound-up with the cables and they are great but I won't shop there again.

Back
Top Bottom