• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Lava Cable - Brent Mason Clinic

kkolb71

Inspired
I got the chance to visit the Lava Cable factory in Tulsa, Oklahoma this weekend and see Nashville studio master, Brent Mason for a 2 hour clinic. He was awesome and very personable. If you guys have not tried Lava Cable give them a shot. The CEO, Mark Stoddard and his team make really good cables and accessories here in the USA.

mworkman

Experienced
No doubt Lava Cable make good stuff but I'd recommend Best-Tronics / Guitar-cable.com. I wanted to try out one of those "boutique" cables. Lava Cable have it on their site. I ordered and checked out only to get an e-mail later that they didn't carry the cable anymore and they were going to switch it out for one of their own brand. I have nothing against their own brand but I wanted to try out a specific cable and the whole thing had a bait n' switch feel to it. I asked for the order to be cancelled on more than one occasion. Started to not get replies back. Open a dispute with PayPal and got the refund.

I originally went with Lava Cable from Mark's posts on Huge Racks Inc. but in the end placed an order with Best-Tronics for the cable I wanted and got it without issue.

ventura

Experienced
Mr. Stoddard and I have done a fair bit of business in the past, and most certainly will in the coming months and years. Excellent customer service, top-quality cables, terrific patch-cable system, and good gradings for the quality/capacitance throughout the whole line up.

Just as an aside - for custom XLR/TRS or the like, Gotham all the way.

But ya, Mark and his company are a great business to work with.
Mo

laughyouraxeoff

Experienced
No doubt Lava Cable make good stuff but I'd recommend Best-Tronics / Guitar-cable.com. I wanted to try out one of those "boutique" cables. Lava Cable have it on their site. I ordered and checked out only to get an e-mail later that they didn't carry the cable anymore and they were going to switch it out for one of their own brand. I have nothing against their own brand but I wanted to try out a specific cable and the whole thing had a bait n' switch feel to it. I asked for the order to be cancelled on more than one occasion. Started to not get replies back. Open a dispute with PayPal and got the refund.

I originally went with Lava Cable from Mark's posts on Huge Racks Inc. but in the end placed an order with Best-Tronics for the cable I wanted and got it without issue.
I had similar issues with Lava cable's service. It was very unprofessional, was told that I would get the order shipped in a day or two, 1 week later, I write and he has excuses on why, says it will go out the next day, it took another week and a half. Then the cable arrived and didn't work properly. So in the end I requested a refund which took more work than it was worth too. I have now switched to Death Valley cables, I couldn't be happier, everything has been above my expectation with them.

ripley156

I had similar issues with Lava cable's service. It was very unprofessional, was told that I would get the order shipped in a day or two, 1 week later, I write and he has excuses on why, says it will go out the next day, it took another week and a half. Then the cable arrived and didn't work properly. So in the end I requested a refund which took more work than it was worth too. I have now switched to Death Valley cables, I couldn't be happier, everything has been above my expectation with them.
My experience was similar...I wound-up with the cables and they are great but I won't shop there again.

Top Bottom