Laura Wilkie Band - One Band, One Room, One Take, Live and Raw from Detroit

Scott Peterson

Global Moderator
Vendor
Check my band (though I only have a few seconds of video time): Laura Wilkie on Vimeo

I am on the left side of the audio playing rhythm on this track.

I am on the left side of the audio playing rhythm on this track. I didn't rate much camera time... but I'm in there. Did better than the keyboard player... he didn't make it in at all! (Ouch!)

Gear used by me is my Line 6 James Tyler Variax USA into the Fractal Audio Axe-FX II run direct in.

Upcoming shows listed here: Laura Wilkie | Detroit, MI | Country / Rock, Pop | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation
You come to a show, I'll buy you a beer.

That sounded great! The whole time I was watching, however, I really wanted someone... anyone, in the audience to just bust out some dance moves...

The lead tone is pretty sick as well.

I love the dude with the moustache jiving along in the background haha

What happened at 2:45 and at the end?

One take, live and raw. Some one flubbed. You push through. ;)

It was tricky because the drummer was a fill in - we had one rehearsal with him. Mike and I know him from playing in the Sugar People; but he wasn't familiar with our original material in this band unfortunately. The end and the change you notice aren't in the song. I'll leave the rest to your imagination. :D

Shame is the new drummer is a monster. He auditioned last week - he's bad ass.

Last edited:
Well color me impressed. If I was going to critique anything it would be that she got buried behind those guitars a few times. She's got a nice powerful voice too.

Sounded great Scott. I always love when bands do one take, raw, live cuts in the studio. They have a really cool vibe to them. Well done Sir!

The people standing there in the background were a bit distracting, but I have to say...great song, great playing, and great voice!

ummmm has anyone else notice the 'Squire'?.... My theory stands corrected. golden hands and pickups are what matters. Haha. I loved it, Scott. Thnk you so much! She has a real nice pipe. You guys sound very tight :)

That sounded great! The whole time I was watching, however, I really wanted someone... anyone, in the audience to just bust out some dance moves...

+1 on that. The band sounds great and you're all putting out lots of energy. The people watching seem a bit stunned by it all. Had to be a little weird for them watching a video shoot in a small space and wondering what to do.

I think Scott may be right about alcohol level (or candy and soda for the kids).

We were recording pretty much direct; so they had a little PA monitor over there by the crowd... they weren't getting blasted with volume (except the drums). I think it was a disconcerting for the folks there a bit; not what they are used to. We were all wearing headphones because of it (Laura was running in-ears).

It was a weird tracking session - there's all sorts of issues with the performance; but it is what it is (fill in drummer, etc). If you see us live, I guarantee a helluva show.

Killer sound, song, and band. Thanks for sharing that. I saw the keyboardist's hands once. Heavy guitar sounds for a country-ish track - I like it. The guy on the Squier does burn. Awesome work.

Back
Top Bottom