Latest FW VIDEO Journey Cover Mark Day

Mark Day

FAS Artist-in-Residence
Fractal Audio Systems
REMIX!!!!! Latest FW VIDEO Journey Cover Mark Day

A video I did for work to show the AxeFx 2 and Motor City Pickups.

My old band mates Roy Nichol and Don Lecompte did the backing track. Roy should be the singer for Journey. He does have a great gig with April Wine though !!

The preset is in the AxeChange under Mark Snake 2.

Mark

Last edited:
Hey Mark, what would it cost me to have you build patches for me? I'm thinking 3-5 different styles, maybe 10 patches per style with scenes and with controllers for effect manipulation... You always create amazing patches.

I don't think it sounds that good. It's not terrible, but the tone is certainly nothing to "showcase" the Axe II FW11.03

The playing is good & the singer is good for sure.

Mark is the reason I first bought an Ultra years ago, I'm just not really feeling this one......

I don't think it sounds that good. It's not terrible, but the tone is certainly nothing to "showcase" the Axe II FW11.03

The playing is good & the singer is good for sure.

Mark is the reason I first bought an Ultra years ago, I'm just not really feeling this one......

I believe it is the mix more than the guitar tone.

It was a tough one to mix with the backing track for sure. My ears are still torqued from the Sabbath show the other night.
Sorry it didn't meet the "Showcase" standard..lol. Such pressure lol.

Mark

Last edited:
Singers like that guy are extremely rare! What a great high tenor, great energy and character in his voice.

Reactions: sam
Mark,

Nice job as always. Thanks for posting. Hope everything is better in sunny S. Cali.

Lee

Wow Mark, you have the best job on the planet, and you do it so well. Glad to have you back making videos and sharing presets. The whole performance sounds just fantastic. Thanks!

Who's Roxie?

Agreed this guitar sound is a bit boomy and muffled for your usual standard, Mark! Always thought your tones were on the bright side, this sure isn't. Playing is great as always, although I don't know the original!

Always great to see your vids Mark! Looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks at Axe Fest 2!

Back
Top Bottom