Later man

Such sensitive types.......gotta love ‘em:cool:
yesimsexy.gif

Nothing wrong with being a little sensitive :D

forums can be tough. i've left and returned a few times over the 10 years or so i've been here.

ignore is great.

i also do something where i type out a full response. wait literally 2 seconds. then delete it without ever posting. it really helps.

Yes - good advice - my boss tells me to do that all the time ! Doesn't always work out for me though in the professional world!
This forum is supposed to be a fun and learning environment, and I've seen people get beat up for questions or opinions. I have been scared to ask questions sometimes for fear of the " READ THE MANUAL MORON" response. Even though I have read it and can't find my answer in there. Hang in there !

You're always going to get 2.5% of people dedicated to making others feel like sh1t. That's their prime motivation in life.
Then there another 17.5 % who, without being quite so evil, take on that color and still make your life miserable.
That leaves 80% of good people.
If you IGNORE the bad dudes, bit by bit you'll clean up YOUR forum and be left only with the constructive people.
And if the constructive people can refrain from quoting a$$holes, then even the last trace of them will disappear and they will find themselves in a forum of their own, lonely, cold, where they can only bash each other.
Eventually they will become extinct.
The dying race of A$$holes.
Gone
Gone
Gone
Gone

I don't know man, this place seems pretty darn wam and welcoming to me....

I mean look, here we've got a "newb" that just signed up same day, posts a track and wanting to be the face of Fractal advertising because of their amazing work, and gets 2 full pages of pats on the back while providing increasingly vague responses, no patch, no video etc

Obviously everyone just got suckered into yet another troll thread, as happens all too often, but the very fact that people here continue to respond warmly and welcoming to new members says to me that its a pretty good group of people that make up this forum.

Compared to the likes of TGP, DPReview, Youtube, and essentially any comments section of Yahoo article this place is puppy dogs and rainbows

I mean look, here we've got a "newb" that just signed up same day, posts a track and wanting to be the face of Fractal advertising because of their amazing work, and gets 2 full pages of pats on the back while providing increasingly vague responses, no patch, no video etc

Haha AWESOME!!! Don't you just love that about the interwebz???

~SS

Compared to the likes of TGP, DPReview, Youtube, and essentially any comments section of Yahoo article this place is puppy dogs and rainbows

Boy you got that right; those sites are just vile compared to this forum. It's frankly depressing to see how pathetic adults behave when under the guise of anonymity.

Churchill said that the "greatest argument against democracy was a five-minute conversation with the average voter on the street"; in this modern age that argument applies to sites like you've listed above, particularly YouTube and the Yahoo comment sections. Sad but true...

Whatever you do, don't go to TGP the majority have the same know it all attitude and are kinda like the clowns on the first part of American Idol, and a few there actually know what they are talking about. Edit: plus it's Helix fanboy central... haha

Some good folks on TGP, but they're far outnumbered by the know-it-alls and assclowns. After 7-8 years, something like 12,000 posts, and countless wasted hours there, I realized, "this place mostly irritates me, it contributes nothing to my life other than a way to pass the time, and probably only a tiny handful of people will even notice that I'm gone." Cut the cord 2 yrs ago and haven't missed it a bit.

As you can tell from my long tenure and tiny post count here, I use this forum mostly as a means to receive and contribute information, and I try to avoid (with mixed success) hot-button discussions. Life is good this way.

Some good folks on TGP, but they're far outnumbered by the know-it-alls and assclowns. After 7-8 years, something like 12,000 posts, and countless wasted hours there, I realized, "this place mostly irritates me, it contributes nothing to my life other than a way to pass the time, and probably only a tiny handful of people will even notice that I'm gone." Cut the cord 2 yrs ago and haven't missed it a bit.

As you can tell from my long tenure and tiny post count here, I use this forum mostly as a means to receive and contribute information, and I try to avoid (with mixed success) hot-button discussions. Life is good this way.

Yes there are some good folks over there for sure... I got tired of being suspended and almost got perma-banned once. Why you ask?
Well once because I said "jeebus rice" at attempt to be funny in a response to a troll was trolling the P&W forum... Then I couldn't login and didn't know what happened so I made another account to see what was going on, had to explain to Bryan and only got a week off. Then I made a photoshop fark of a that one guy who always post pics of himself... Some one had posted a pic of an Alien laying on the ground and a dog was sniffing an area so I put the guys head on the body. Got lots of likes and laughs but someone thought it was offensive so I got another week off. Then I made a Klon thread and spelled every "The" with "teh" and someone got offended by that... The Digital forum, well just a big old festering pile of irritation for me LOL. I decided it's too much of a hassle there so I just go back and look at the funny pics and gif threads now

Anyways, This place isn't perfect but I like it much much better!

~SS

Last edited:
Boy you got that right; those sites are just vile compared to this forum. It's frankly depressing to see how pathetic adults behave when under the guise of anonymity.
I used to have this view for the most part until the last couple of months. There always seems to be "that guy" in every thread, which I've always expected and tolerated, but lately they seem to outnumber those actually contributing something constructive. Maybe I've just been unlucky in the threads I click on and discussions I join but my experience has actually been better on TGP than here lately.

I'm trying to be a bit more selective on topics I choose to click on rather than clicking on stuff that looks inviting even if I don't really have an interest in. We'll see how it goes.

I had to learn to ignore the DHs (not designated hitters, for sure). They are worse, by far in my experience, at TGP, but they are alive and well on any forum.

The benefits of taking part here have far outweighed the negatives. This is the best forum I've participated in, and thus the one I hang out in most often. Love the product and the company attitude, and enjoy the forum and most of its people. I ignore the DHs.

Back
Top Bottom