Latency while switching presets in song mode

Kaihoro1388

so I have my song mode set up with dirty presets and clean with delay and reverb. When I switch from one to the other I get a long delay. Going from my Mesa rig with no latency to this axe fx2 with latency when switching is a huge bummer. Any help would be appreciated!!

so I have my song mode set up with dirty presets and clean with delay and reverb. When I switch from one to the other I get a long delay. Going from my Mesa rig with no latency to this axe fx2 with latency when switching is a huge bummer. Any help would be appreciated!!

Is your Axe FX plugged into a computer via USB?

Learn to use SCENES ... get's around the preset load latency (which I understand is because you are loading a new amp model and the software has to deal with that).

Use (up to 8) Scenes in one preset (which can have multiple amps). Thats plenty for one song (generally).

Then load a new preset (with it's set of SCENES) for a new song.

Scenes even have their own modifiers - super powerful.

Can you clarify a few things for us?

1) There is no Song Mode in the Axe-Fx. There is a song mode in the MFC-101. Are you saying that this problem only exists when you're using the MFC-101 in song mode?

2) You say that you get a "long delay" when switching to presets that have a delay built into them. Do you mean a delay (which you would expect) or a gap in the sound or...?

3) The latency in the Axe's audio processing is too short to hear. I'm guessing you mean something other than latency.

Back
Top Bottom