Latency while reamping

stm113

Power User
So I finally got an interface that's more conducive to reamping with the Fractal as opposed to my last 2. I am now running with a Focusrite 18i8 into Cakewalk Sonar X3 Producer . I tried reamping for the first real time tonight, while I was able to reamp, the reamped tracks had just enough to latency in them to throw them out of sync with the other instruments. I checked this too by using Overloud's TH2 (that came with Sonar X3 Producer) on the dry tracks and they were in sync as they should be.

I clicked alot of things to get this to work but here's how I think I did it.
Fas Usb out 1 to track (wet though you couldnt hear it in playback) and out 3 dry to another track. I then solo the dry track, Changed the out from Master to Fas, then armed another track and selected the USB out 1 from Fas and recorded. It sounded great just out of sync.

I am sure I am doing something wrong here. Any help would be appreciated.

Whenever you send a signal out of the computer through processing gear and back to the computer, there will always be a delay/latency. Most DAWs have a method for measuring such a delay and compensate for it automatically.

I do not know your DAW, so I do not know exactly how to do it.
Edit: Here is how it works in Reaper, which I use http://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.php/ReaInsert

In any case, you should be able to just move the recordings slightly manually. It should be the same amount every time.

Back
Top Bottom