Wish Latency / Time Alignment block

A micro-delay type in the delay block would be an easy addition. I'll look into it.

Nice!

It may be worth a stroll down the following thread, as folks are asking for a glitch type delay as well. The micro delay might be a good first step into that world, and some clever code with the already existing modifiers in the Axe, maybe we get two for one?

I'm building a preset with a dry bass running through a PEQ that is mixed with a bass signal running through an amp and cab block. I'd love to be able to add a micro delay to the dry/PEQ signal so that it aligns with the AMP-CAB so there is no comb filtering introduced. Maybe a micro delay added to the mixer block inputs (something in the range of 0-5ms, with 0.1 ms increments)

IN 1
+--> PEQ ------------> MIX ---> OUT 1
+--> AMP ---> CAB ----^

EDIT: The compressor block lookahead is working fine for this right now, so I guess this isn't a major wish :)

Last edited:
EDIT: The compressor block lookahead is working fine for this right now, so I guess this isn't a major wish :)
Although you can accomplish it with various blocks, I still wish for a lightweight block devoted exclusively to time alignment or micro delay. Many of my presets have lots of parallel paths that need to be time and polarity aligned. Especially presets that combine my vg-99 modeled guitar output with the real pick up.

Would it be possible for the axe to calculate and compensate for latency per column, i.e. automatically applying a calculated delay offset to all shunts/blocks in parallel, in order to match whichever block in a column has the highest latency?

Would it be possible for the axe to calculate and compensate for latency per column, i.e. automatically applying a calculated delay offset to all shunts/blocks in parallel, in order to match whichever block in a column has the highest latency?
That would only work in a subset of scenarios, and sounds like a nightmare to implement. I'd prefer minimum latency in every block, and manual control over time alignment blocks placed where I choose.

A micro-delay type in the delay block would be an easy addition. I'll look into it.
The problem there is that you have to sacrifice a delay block. Is adding a new block type problematic? The total delay time need not be more than 10 milliseconds or so.

Add to the filter block? Delay by sample (1/48k)...
If it had to be added to an existing block, I guess the filter block would be the best choice. Mainly because there are four instances. But you need more than one sample of adjustable delay, even though the total time required 4 worst case would be small.

Last edited:
+1 for accurate sub 1000 millisecond delay

I.e up to 3 significant figures ex. 0.420 milliseconds

I do see the compressor block look ahead function with ratio 1:1 as an alternative

But having it in the delay block with 3 significant figures of delay accuracy would be nice to deliberately make or prevent comb filtering as much as possible

Last edited:
+1 for accurate sub 1000 millisecond delay

I.e up to 3 significant figures ex. 0.420 milliseconds

I do see the compressor block look ahead function with ratio 1:1 as an alternative

But having it in the delay block with 3 significant figures of delay accuracy would be nice to deliberately make or prevent comb filtering as much as possible
Ideally, I'd like to have a lightweight dedicated block, with polarity inversion. It would solve so many problems without sacrificing other useful blocks or adding significant load.

Back
Top Bottom