Latency on Acoustic Patch

rickgk

Experienced
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone else is getting noticeable latency on the acoustic guitar patch floating around the forum?
It seems much more noticeable on this patch than any of the others i have used, whilst i still can notice an ever so slight latency on normal patches it's not enough to mess with the playing but almost is with this acoustic patch.

If you are noticing latency on normal patches (w/ the default cabs) is most likely isn't that axe-fx. The latency of the Axe-fx including A/D D/A conversions is under 3ms if I remember correctly. That is equivalent to standing 3 feet further away from your listening source.

On the Acoustic preset, if you are refering to mine the Acoustic IR doesn't have any leading silence that I can see.

Which patch are you refering to?

The Axe-Fx latency is less than 1.5 ms worst-case. If you are noticing latency you have something set up wrong since that's equivalent to 18 inches.

Check the compressor settings, I've found that sometimes the delay in the attack compression seems to sound like latency.

Back
Top Bottom