Bug? Latency issue???

PWT Junya

Hi guys so I'm new to the Axe FX (Got it today!) and I've plugged it into my imac via usb. playing around with it in my DAW (Logic) and using the outputs on my interface to monitor the sound.
so:

Guitar - Axe fx - imac
|
interface - monitors

The sound comes through fine and it's sounding great until after a few minutes where it makes a small pop and then starts sounding what I played about 2 seconds after. Could this be a I/O Buffer size issue? on Logic I currently have it set to 64 and to try and fix this problem, I also set it to 64 on the axe fx for the "USB buffer size".
I've also tried installing the driver a second time, that didn't work. Nor did installing Axe Edit work either.

I'm stumped guys so if anyone could help me, it would be much appreciated!

I experience the same thing in Logic from time to time. I've tried different buffer settings in Logic as well as on the Axe-Fx II to no avail. That being said, when it does happen all I have to do is start/stop playback in Logic and everything goes back to normal. I've never experienced this with any other DAW so I'm inclined to think it's something going on with Logic. Also, for what it's worth, I've experienced this issue in Logic 9 and X.

I experience the same thing in Logic from time to time. I've tried different buffer settings in Logic as well as on the Axe-Fx II to no avail. That being said, when it does happen all I have to do is start/stop playback in Logic and everything goes back to normal. I've never experienced this with any other DAW so I'm inclined to think it's something going on with Logic. Also, for what it's worth, I've experienced this issue in Logic 9 and X.

Thanks Ryan, at least I know I'm not alone on this! The thing that's a bit different is that I don't have playback started at all. I only have the audio track armed but I haven't hit play or anything. But I'll try hitting the space bar and then again to see if it does fix it. Wish there was a better fix though :S

Thanks Ryan, at least I know I'm not alone on this! The thing that's a bit different is that I don't have playback started at all. I only have the audio track armed but I haven't hit play or anything. But I'll try hitting the space bar and then again to see if it does fix it. Wish there was a better fix though :S

Likewise! It happens to me when there's no playback (as you described) and when there is. When it happens I just start/stop playback and that seems to reset the buffers.

I haven't checked the details, but I had this bookmark to "Axe-Fx Logic Latency Solved"

So just an update, I haven't had much of a chance to play around with the Axe fx since my last post but I think that video has helped solve the issue. Thanks Admin M@ for the post!

Back
Top Bottom