latching pedal

dyskordia

have a simple latching pedal with with a 1/4" output.

is there a way to configure the axe so that i may use it to bypass/activate delay, reverb, and boost within a patch so that i may turn the previously mentioned effects on and off when switching from rhythm to lead sounds?

AFAIK - NO..
not unless it has the capability to send MIDI PC/CC changes....

You can do it by assigning the controller of each effect to PEDAL1 (or PEDAL2 if you like).

The limitation is that each press of the switch will bypass/unbypass all the effects attached to the controller.

dyskordia said:
have a simple latching pedal with with a 1/4" output.

is there a way to configure the axe so that i may use it to bypass/activate delay, reverb, and boost within a patch so that i may turn the previously mentioned effects on and off when switching from rhythm to lead sounds?

I use external 2 like that to control on\off state of Drive onein any patch

ok say i made it so that reverb and delay bypass are being controlled by PEDAL 1.

but all this does when i step on the switch is change the patch to "000 Studio Lead" and then nothing when depressed again.

WTF!!

dyskordia said:
ok say i made it so that reverb and delay bypass are being controlled by PEDAL 1.

but all this does when i step on the switch is change the patch to "000 Studio Lead" and then nothing when depressed again.

WTF!!

Did you use a TRS cable? Are you plugged into external 1 (or 2)? Set Delay bypass to match the ext pedal. That's it-It must be a latching switch and Pedal 1 (or 2) must be set to latchi8ng, not momentary.Hope that helps

nope no trs cable. just a single latching switch with a 1/4" mono cable attached to it.

so i checked out the preset incr/decr set that to none.....which stopped it from going back to "000"

set pedal 1 type to latching.

set delay1 bypass and reverb1 bypass to pedal 1.

still nothing.....and i mean nothing. none of my patches work. just get a dry guitar sound (using active pickups)

what is going on?! :?

It will work but if it's a latching pedal, latching should work? If I set mine to momentary I have to press it twice to get it to work.
It's really pretty simple-as described by all the replies here. You know it works becasue it inc\dcr your presets. So what is the state of the delay before you even touch the pedal? Does it work (the delay I mean) I have a boss F5-Sl (latching)-So I really think latching is what you want.
Let me ask-In the i/o menu under control tab is the ext 1 set to ext 1 and same for ext 2? in the midi tab of the same is the ext pedal 1 & 2 set to init 0?

Back
Top Bottom