Latching or momentary switching

Sixstring

Legend!
Just trying to verify a question that is not directly answered in the manual, at least that I could find. I'm ready to order my 2 button aux switch and need to clarify the order. I want one switch to be an on/off or latching and the other momentary. Seeing how the aux ports on the AX8 are TRS I'm guessing that each button needs it's own port on the AX8 to function separately?

1,Does the AX8 recognize the difference between the two or do you have to tell it which type of aux switch you are using?

2, Is the type of latching switch important ie; normally open or normally closed?

Are your switches in your Aux switch latching or momentary? (Boss FSx switches can do either.) you can't make latching switches momentary (typically due to no change in state of the switch.) but in software you can make momentary switches latching...

The aux switch I'm going to order will have one of each. I just need to know that they will both work and if each one needs it's own output jack on the switch.

1,Does the AX8 recognize the difference between the two or do you have to tell it which type of aux switch you are using?
You tell the AX8 whether you've connected a momentary or latching switch. If you have momentary switch you can tell the AX8 whether you want it to behave like a momentary or latching switch.

2, Is the type of latching switch important ie; normally open or normally closed?
There's no such thing as normally-open/normally-closed on a latching switch.

You tell the AX8 whether you've connected a momentary or latching switch. If you have momentary switch you can tell the AX8 whether you want it to behave like a momentary or latching switch.

There's no such thing as normally-open/normally-closed on a latching switch.

I must have read it wrong, the site that I got the info from is down for maintenance right now but they had mentioned it. Must have been referring to something else. I will quote the site when it's back up.
As to the type of switch I want to use it sounds like it doesn't matter so for the sake of noise if I use momentary on both it will be fine. each switch needs it own port and TRS cable correct ?

It is one switch per port. @Joe Rogers mentioned that in another thread. I believe the above info is correct though where you tell it if you are using latching or momentary

I figured as much but I feel a lot better having it confirmed! T1m site is down for maintenance, I shot Dan an email and he said it would be no problem building whatever I needed but I had to let him know what I needed.

I also mentioned that there might be a few people that would be interested in having foot switches built once the AX8 gets out of the office and into the hands of guitar players, may or may not have been the reason for site work IDK .

Back
Top Bottom