Wish Latching, Momentary + PHRASE Switching

benvigil

Experienced
...it's SOOOO close already w/FW 3.5+.

I'd love to have a third in-between option which is a combination of latching and momentary, like the TC Electronics Spark Boost: it functions as a normal latching switch unless you hold it down for nnn milliseconds (say 800ms), at which point it becomes momentary and will release as soon as you let it go. You could globally set the engage delay time.

This way you can have a normally functioning latching switch to turn your flanger on/off, but you can still play Unchained with your new Spark-enabled momentary switch ;) without using two switches.

How would you deviate between the x-y hold and the spark toggle?
You would only have one or the other. Right now, if you set a footswitch to momentary, press and hold for X/Y is automatically disabled on that switch. Otherwise the feature would not work.

You would only have one or the other. Right now, if you set a footswitch to momentary, press and hold for X/Y is automatically disabled on that switch. Otherwise the feature would not work.
Just got my AX-8 back. I have not even noticed yet that the momentary cancels the X-Y.

Yup... so this would be like a "hold for momentary", or "Phrase Switching". It's great for when you need a momentary boost.

Also, it would work in the opposite direction for turning something OFF momentarily.

...aaaaaand Kemper just added this feature:

5.4.0.13150 Public Beta
Oct 9th 2017
UI : added: holding Effect Buttons of Profiler Remote switches to momentary operation automatically

Just sayin.

Back
Top Bottom