Last Delay Repeat Louder Than Others...

CudBucket

Inspired
Yesterday I wired up my Axe with my Egnater M4 in the 4CM. I created a preset where I only used the FX Loop and a Delay with the M4. While playing, the delay sounds fine but when I stop playing, the last repeat is always louder than the rest of the signal. The only thing I could do to tame it was to drop the INGAIN of the delay to about 25%. But, this control is supposed to be left at 100% when no controller is used for the echo level.

Any ideas? My effect mix in the delay is at 50%. I mainly used the Ping-Pong and Stereo modes and it happened on both.

Thanks.

Dave

CudBucket said:
Yesterday I wired up my Axe with my Egnater M4 in the 4CM. I created a preset where I only used the FX Loop and a Delay with the M4. While playing, the delay sounds fine but when I stop playing, the last repeat is always louder than the rest of the signal. The only thing I could do to tame it was to drop the INGAIN of the delay to about 25%. But, this control is supposed to be left at 100% when no controller is used for the echo level.

Any ideas? My effect mix in the delay is at 50%. I mainly used the Ping-Pong and Stereo modes and it happened on both.

Thanks.

Dave

Could you give the settings of the delay?

Check the pan settings of your delay. If you're going into a mono rig, and if your delays pan anywhere other than dead center, you will have unequal delay levels.

Dpoirier said:
Check the pan settings of your delay. If you're going into a mono rig, and if your delays pan anywhere other than dead center, you will have unequal delay levels.

Yeah, stereo to mono will do that.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm running in stereo (VHT into 2 1x12 cubes). I can get the settings for the delay when I get home.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom