Larry Mitchell Livestream

Watching this now, he just sounds great period. Heavy EJ vibe but his own thing too.

Anyone know his user name here? He said the IR he's been using for years is "out there" because he's posted from presets, but I don't find under his real name on AxeChange.

For folks who are interested, Larry shared his settings for the Axe III:

1987x Plexi always, only amp he uses; he has a real one he loves too
Treble drive 6
Normal drive 5 or 4
Bass 2
Mid 5
Treble 6
Bright switch on
Bright cap 125
Everything else default
FAS Boost in front, not clear if he meant the one in the amp itself or a separate block, but I'd bet in the amp, since he uses the same setup on his FM3.
Uses some factory cab he couldn't put his finger on, but also mentioned an IR he released long ago, might be from the pack mentioned above.
He sometimes used a couple of different fuzzes he didn't specify, probably Octave Distortion and Fuzz Face at a guess.

Could be, no idea. Is that compatible with Axe III?
Here's screenshot of the 9 presets and 3 IR's. I used FracTool to convert them.Screenshot of LM presets n cabs.jpg

He also has a preset in AB's 1400 naked tracks latest update where he uses Factory 1 cab #781 2x12 Bludo H65 121 D. One of the other cab channels has U1 02 which might be the 4x12 Brit LM IR, not sure.

Last edited:
Watching this now, he just sounds great period. Heavy EJ vibe but his own thing too.

Anyone know his user name here? He said the IR he's been using for years is "out there" because he's posted from presets, but I don't find under his real name on AxeChange.
Just under my Name. there is AX8 preset I am sure has the Cab it would be a User Cab with my name on it. Its an AX8 preset though. you could import it using the Fractal tool if you have. the preset name is "iLife"

The the Stock cab I used in the Austin Buddy preset pack is one that is closest to it that I have found. Its a 212 Bluddo? Cab with a royer 121 on it

Just under my Name. there is AX8 preset I am sure has the Cab it would be a User Cab with my name on it. Its an AX8 preset though. you could import it using the Fractal tool if you have. the preset name is "iLife"

The the Stock cab I used in the Austin Buddy preset pack is one that is closest to it that I have found. Its a 212 Bluddo? Cab with a royer 121 on it
Thanks Larry! Do you have cabin fever yet? Stay safe.
Rich

Larry, I searched the whole Axe Change data base every which way, by name and iLife and couldn't find it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom