Larry Mitchell AX8

Rock Mixer

So here is a video of Larry Mitchell live at the Long Beach, NY Music Festival.
Larry is a long time friend and the one who originally influenced me into getting the AX8.
He is one of my favorite guitarists. He is also a master at getting great tone and knows how to program the Fractal stuff better than anyone I know! So I figured I would share this clip. Thats the AX8 plugged direct into FOH. Audio is from the camera. Mike Boyko on drums and Gary Brogna on Bass.

Enjoy!

@Larry Mitchell is a cool dude and a great player. I agree that he gets great sounds from his AX-8.

I got to hear them up close and personal while jamming with him at Vai Academy back in January. :)

He does look a bit different then back in the early days of being an Ibanez S-series endorsee;)

So in this situation Larry brings his AX8 and uses the house wedges for monitors?
Sounds fantastic!
@Larry Mitchell
I have a fly gig later in the year and I'm debating what to do...bring my AX8 and go into a back line amp the venue provides or just go direct and use their monitors like I use my CLR?
2nd option seems like the way to go but not knowing what the house system uses has me wondering.

Hey RLD,

I am able to use Stage Monitors in my music because I am the artist When I am a side man with a vocalist its a bit harder to take up to monitors for my guitar unless its a big festival and they have multiple monitor mixes. Plus a lot monitors are EQ'd for vocals, thats not so great for guitars. If you think that taking up one of the monitor mixes might be an issue. as the sound company or the venue for a separate powered monitor that you can plug in directly to yourself. but 90% of the time I just go direct FOH and hear back through the Stage monitors. When I am traveling by car, Van Bus I sometimes bring either my Tech 21 Power engines (soon to be modded with more full range Speakers in them) or EV powered monitors. and for smaller travel solutions I have an old Trace Elliot 200 way stereo Acoustic Guitar Amp that works great too but I can not spread the stern image around.Good luck with your Fly gig. :)

So in this situation Larry brings his AX8 and uses the house wedges for monitors?
Sounds fantastic!
@Larry Mitchell
I have a fly gig later in the year and I'm debating what to do...bring my AX8 and go into a back line amp the venue provides or just go direct and use their monitors like I use my CLR?
2nd option seems like the way to go but not knowing what the house system uses has me wondering.

Hey Vai Academy was a blast wasn't it? Thank you for coming to my Jam!!!

And man Ibanez days with the original S, that was 20-28 years ago. SZ 10 years ago and SV Prestige maybe close 5-6 years ago. Time Fly and age settles in. :) All good Times though :)

@Larry Mitchell is a cool dude and a great player. I agree that he gets great sounds from his AX-8.

I got to hear them up close and personal while jamming with him at Vai Academy back in January. :)

He does look a bit different then back in the early days of being an Ibanez S-series endorsee;)

Rock Mixer!! Thank you for posting this video. I had a great time at that festival. I am only plugged into the FOH at that show no stage amps facing the audience at all Just the FOH and PA monitors pointed back at me. in that situation though they only had two stage monitors. I was the obnoxious artist and took up both of them so that I could have my rig in stereo. If I have a singer in my band that night I would have been bit different onstage. FOH would have been the same though. :)
By the way. I loved playing in that venue. The Long Beach Public Library!! Analog Book shop :). Who knew?
Rock on
Larry

So here is a video of Larry Mitchell live at the Long Beach, NY Music Festival.
Larry is a long time friend and the one who originally influenced me into getting the AX8.
He is one of my favorite guitarists. He is also a master at getting great tone and knows how to program the Fractal stuff better than anyone I know! So I figured I would share this clip. Thats the AX8 plugged direct into FOH. Audio is from the camera. Mike Boyko on drums and Gary Brogna on Bass.

Enjoy!

Hey Vai Academy was a blast wasn't it? Thank you for coming to my Jam!!!

And man Ibanez days with the original S, that was 20-28 years ago. SZ 10 years ago and SV Prestige maybe close 5-6 years ago. Time Fly and age settles in. :) All good Times though :)
Yes, it was a great time!

I'm a huge fan of those early S guitars. I own a bunch :)

Rock Mixer!! Thank you for posting this video. I had a great time at that festival. I am only plugged into the FOH at that show no stage amps facing the audience at all Just the FOH and PA monitors pointed back at me. in that situation though they only had two stage monitors. I was the obnoxious artist and took up both of them so that I could have my rig in stereo. If I have a singer in my band that night I would have been bit different onstage. FOH would have been the same though. :)
By the way. I loved playing in that venue. The Long Beach Public Library!! Analog Book shop :). Who knew?
Rock on
Larry

Larry,

My pleasure! Hopefully you can come for next years festival. Also thanks for always inspiring!

All the best!

Back
Top Bottom