Larry Mitchell at NAMM

Jerry K.

Experienced
I heard Larry perform Thursady night at the NAMM show. I was super impressed by his playing and song writing but also by his sound. There were too many people to be able to see his set-up but I assumed he was using an amp and using the AX8 for effects.

I had a chance to meet him on Sunday at the show and asked him what he was playing through. He told me that he had gone 100% direct and I was blown away. I have been using the Axe Fx-XL for some time and know that it sounds awesome but I did not think it could sound this good. Some of best guitar sounds I heard all show.

This was such a cool opportunity to get to hear the AX8 in action by a master player/performer. Thanks Larry!

As we were leaving NAMM on Sunday, a Latin type band was sound-checking. Looked like Larry was going to sit in, he was on stage and was playing a bit. Sounded great (I could see the AX8 on stage.) I don't know what the other (presumably regular) guitarist was playing through, but his sound and tone couldn't hold a candle to Larry's! Wish we'd been able to stay long enough to see Larry come out and play.

TT

Was good to meet you Jerry. It was me that was with Larry.

Tommy, that was Monette Marino and her band from San Diego. Larry often plays with them when he is in town.

Mark

Back
Top Bottom