Largest Fractal rig, button wise, with explanation?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Curious of the insanity some have gone to? Like 4 - FC12's, etc.... Also what and why with buttons. Maybe there is a rig rundown of something Vernon Reid ridiculous??

I run a RJM MMGT22, which has 2 buttons less than my old FAMC controller. Not sure if that qualifies as large, or warrants an explanation? I do do some semi-unique things with it though, to minimize tap dancing.

Running an FM9 with 3 buttons in the expression jacks, 4 buttons more and 2 faders via Expression IO, 4 expression pedals via another ExpressionIO, along with an FC6 with 4 buttons via expression jacks and 4 buttons via switch jacks controlling stuff in my AxeFX3 Turbo.

Trying to pare it down to eliminate the FC6 board, but it is still needed for when I want to change channels in blocks in the FX3, since you can't change channels via MIDI CC....
IMG_20220423_161402.jpg

Buttons, FM9 board, L to R:
MIDI CC - usually Rotary Speed (momentary)
MIDI CC - usually Rotary Speed (latching)
FM9 Jack 1 - always Delay Boost (momentary)
FM9 Jack 2 - usually Amp2 channel A/B
FM9 Jack 3 - usually Amp2 Channel C/B
MIDI CC - always Modulation Boost (momentary)
MIDI CC - always Tap Tempo

FC6 buttons mostly not used, board sits atop rack.

Last edited:
I’m old school with a ART X-15 midi controller... works great for my needs, and it’s made of metal. I’ve gigged with it for years and years.

10 buttons for preset changes ... in banks of 10.
I use the bypass button on the X-15 for an effect on/off.

It has 2 built in expression pedals. One I always set for a 4db boost for solos or when I need to kick a little more for a part.

The other pedal is to usually bring in a delay amount or other effect.

I use 2 switches into the pedal jacks. One for another effect on/off and the other used to tap the tempo for delay based effects.

I’m old school with a ART X-15 midi controller... works great for my needs, and it’s made of metal. I’ve gigged with it for years and years.

10 buttons for preset changes ... in banks of 10.
I use the bypass button on the X-15 for an effect on/off.

It has 2 built in expression pedals. One I always set for a 4db boost for solos or when I need to kick a little more for a part.

The other pedal is to usually bring in a delay amount or other effect.

I use 2 switches into the pedal jacks. One for another effect on/off and the other used to tap the tempo for delay based effects.
I had the X15 back in the '90s. Solid unit. Not too many features, tho....

Running an FM9 with 3 buttons in the expression jacks, 4 buttons more and 2 faders via Expression IO, 4 expression pedals via another ExpressionIO, along with an FC6 with 4 buttons via expression jacks and 4 buttons via switch jacks controlling stuff in my AxeFX3

Amazing rig.. all the fractal stuffs. BTW, how do you enjoy 3D space sound from XL?
I'm using V.3.. rather sounds not so big enough to cover a small venue with a woofer.

"Pile O Stuff." Haha! All that Art stuff was foogly. And (once I admitted it to myself) sounded like crap.
I never used their other products... I thought they were ass. But, the midi controller although ‘simple’ by today’s standards functions well.. for my needs.
YMMV

Back
Top Bottom