Implemented Larger Max Delay Time

I think there's plenty of memory to increase the delay time. What I've struggled with in the past was that the Time parameter becomes too coarse if the max. delay time is very large and dialing in the desired time becomes difficult.

Maybe the solution is a Range parameter like the old digital delays, i.e. 0-8, 0-16, 0-32, etc.

I think there's plenty of memory to increase the delay time. What I've struggled with in the past was that the Time parameter becomes too coarse if the max. delay time is very large and dialing in the desired time becomes difficult.

Maybe the solution is a Range parameter like the old digital delays, i.e. 0-8, 0-16, 0-32, etc.
The problem remain for longer range. Maybe a better solution is 0-8,8-16,16-32.... or a Time parameter with shorter/larger coarse... either selectable, or automatic (the faster the spin, the higher the coarse).

yeah, i know what you mean. some manufacturers have gotten round this by having an adaptive dial that goes in large increments when going fast and small increments when going slow, but i think two separate time parameters - one that increments in milliseconds and one that increments in seconds would be kinda easy to deal with

might i humbly suggest that a new delay type be created (called long delay, or looping delay) that doesn't deteriorate if the feedback is set to 100%, has a maximum delay time of 30 seconds (maybe?), still has a simple filter section (cos i think it's nice to cream off some of the top or bottom end if you want to). then you could leave all the other delay types alone.

Selectable parameter - Coarse increment (ms, cs, ds, s).

Simply, clever, and user friendly....

yeah, i know what you mean. some manufacturers have gotten round this by having an adaptive dial that goes in large increments when going fast and small increments when going slow, but i think two separate time parameters - one that increments in milliseconds and one that increments in seconds would be kinda easy to deal with

might i humbly suggest that a new delay type be created (called long delay, or looping delay) that doesn't deteriorate if the feedback is set to 100%, has a maximum delay time of 30 seconds (maybe?), still has a simple filter section (cos i think it's nice to cream off some of the top or bottom end if you want to). then you could leave all the other delay types alone.
The Axe-Fx has an "adaptive dial" already.

I like the new type idea.

Oh my god, YES PLEASE! (Also not degrade while delay hold is engaged, please!)
I like the new type idea.
Cliff, THANK YOU for considering this!!!!

How long for the maximum delay? Mono? Stereo?

There is enough memory for roughly a 120 second mono delay or a 60 second stereo delay. Or I could make a "120 Second Mono Delay" type and a "60 Second Stereo Delay" type.
How about 1–5 years or even more? You could use the delay block as a reminder or leave important messages for your future self. "Remember wife birthday tomorrow". "Hello this is me speaking 20 years ago from the year 2020".

I'll show myself out. +1 for everything in this thread.

There is enough memory for roughly a 120 second mono delay or a 60 second stereo delay. Or I could make a "120 Second Mono Delay" type and a "60 Second Stereo Delay" type.

personally, i think 60 seconds of stereo is enough, but you can bet your bottom dollar if you just do one you'll have people clamouring for the other, so both would probably save you some grief in the long run.

Personally, stereo is most important. 30 seconds stereo is enough for me. I would rather be able to have two 30 second stereo delay blocks in a preset than only one 60 second delay block. (And not degrade!) (But you knew that already... :):):)) I do a lot of delay ambient pad stuff right around 4 seconds.
Once again, I really appreciate you considering this!

Last edited:
Cool, so, with parallel long delay blocks you could reduce the feedback (Overdub Level) via EP on Delay 1, switch scenes to the 2nd delay block and lay down a second 'wash' while the first one fades out, correct? Mind boggling.

I would rather be able to have two 30 second stereo delay blocks in a preset than only one 60 second delay block.

if it's a new "type" then it will appear in the delay submenu of types, along with the mono, stereo, 2290 etc etc. you have 4 delay blocks. you can set a 60 second delay to 30 seconds (60 seconds would be the maximum time available). you see where i'm going with this? :)

Back
Top Bottom