• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Implemented Larger Max Delay Time

markyd

Inspired
if it's a new "type" then it will appear in the delay submenu of types, along with the mono, stereo, 2290 etc etc. you have 4 delay blocks. you can set a 60 second delay to 30 seconds (60 seconds would be the maximum time available). you see where i'm going with this? :)
I totally get it! I was bringing it up because if Cliff made it a new block (like the multi-delay or ten-tap delay) rather than a type within the delay block, having a 30 second stereo time and 2 block instances would be more valuable to me than one instance with 60 seconds. (4 instances would be amazing! :oops:)

The possibilities are getting me excited! I am so happy that this is being discussed and might happen!

Hello Folks;

Well, this is quite exciting!

If I may add my two cents: I would prefer that the max delay time be added to the existing delay blocks, rather than have a new "Xtra long delay block".

Reason being that Fractal has done an awesome job with all the delay blocks. They sound and feel awesome. Having a 30-60 second 2290, Memory Man, or Lofi tape delay would make me weak in the knees.

That being said, if Fractal does decide to go with a dedicated 30-60 second delay block, we could always use @2112's "Delay Designer" to approximate the existing blocks.

Thank you very much for all your hard work and support @FractalAudio. You're like a perpetual Christmas.

Hello Folks;

Well, this is quite exciting!

If I may add my two cents: I would prefer that the max delay time be added to the existing delay blocks, rather than have a new "Xtra long delay block".

Reason being that Fractal has done an awesome job with all the delay blocks. They sound and feel awesome. Having a 30-60 second 2290, Memory Man, or Lofi tape delay would make me weak in the knees.

That being said, if Fractal does decide to go with a dedicated 30-60 second delay block, we could always use @2112's "Delay Designer" to approximate the existing blocks.

Thank you very much for all your hard work and support @FractalAudio. You're like a perpetual Christmas.

I very much agree with this, especially since the tape delay modulates pitch when you change the delay time.

Top Bottom