Laney LFR-112

merlin17

Power User
I've been testing that little beast for the last few days and I'm quite impressed!
Sounds very linear to me (in the ballpark of my Dynacord AXM-12a) with a little more bass-balls which makes it feel nice but not muddy. You can adjust the treble which could be useful under some circumstances, but it sounds "right" with it on the center-detent.
If you're looking for a cab-styled FRFR definitely check it out!

Did you ever try a Matrix Q12a? I'd like to know how they compare.

And can it play as loud as the Dynacord Axm? The Dynacord should have more power, looking on the specs, but that doesn't say if it can play louder.

I haven't tested how loud it can get. I played some rehearsals and a medium sized open air gig with it and the clipping LED wasn't lit...

Sound samples don't mean a thing with FRFR systems IMO.
I just had the second gig with it, sounded great!

Would like to bump this thread, see if there are any other reviews or growing opinions about this. Maybe how it compares with the Headrush FRFR....they're both about in the same price.

I've been testing that little beast for the last few days and I'm quite impressed!
Sounds very linear to me (in the ballpark of my Dynacord AXM-12a) with a little more bass-balls which makes it feel nice but not muddy. You can adjust the treble which could be useful under some circumstances, but it sounds "right" with it on the center-detent.
If you're looking for a cab-styled FRFR definitely check it out!

I 'm interested in using it with Axe Fx III ! What did you connect to it?

Just ordered 2 of them to run In stereo. I will post an update tomorrow afternoon! Hopefully the sound good!

I just ordered one myself...I already have a Laney IRT-X and a Headrush 108....how are liking the LFR?

Anyone hear of a shootout with other FRFR's?

Cheers,
K.

The Laney LFR112 has a larger more Cab like sound than there 8" model or the HR 8"...I have really been digging the combo of my Laney 8 and HR 8 running in stereo with the Laney 12 in the middle under my Axe and filling out the sound to whatever level I want.
These are all great sounding options with the right set-up and gain structure hitting them they all sound awesome!

Back
Top Bottom