Laney Ironheart IRT30-112 (HH Designed 12”)

ruso

Fractal Fanatic
So I’ve been listening to Martin Miller a little the past few days and really admire the tones that he gets, particularly in these two videos:

His tone is very “tubey” and slightly scooped. Apparently Martin is using a Laney Ironheart IRT30-112 which, according to Laney, utilizes an “HH designed custom driver.” I’ve watched a few other videos featuring this particular amplifier and the tones are pretty close to what Martin is achieving. Does anyone know anything about this speaker?

Last edited:
We had a 2x12 Ironheart cabpack once „pre V2-era“. As it was a very lightweight cab, it sounded very powerful for the size, very resonant.But the HH speakers are not really a big thing. If you find such a cab, almost every 70 Watt OEM Celestion will do a better job, the cab itself is good.

I had a laney combo with the HH speakers and theyre not too bad. I preferred them over a V30 with the Laney Ironheart.
Didn't Martin used to play through an Atomic Amplifire?

I had a laney combo with the HH speakers and theyre not too bad. I preferred them over a V30 with the Laney Ironheart.
Didn't Martin used to play through an Atomic Amplifire?
Not sure. I just know he’s using the Laney in that first video and I really live the tone he’s getting. It seems like the Laney really does its own thing compared to the other Marshall, Fender, or Vox flavors.

We had a 2x12 Ironheart cabpack once „pre V2-era“. As it was a very lightweight cab, it sounded very powerful for the size, very resonant.But the HH speakers are not really a big thing. If you find such a cab, almost every 70 Watt OEM Celestion will do a better job, the cab itself is good.
Do you still have that pack for sale?

Back
Top Bottom