Dynamic1022

Inspired
If just orderd the Laney FRFR 1x12. It is new on the market and the sound reviews are very good. It has a 200 watt power amp onboard.

It has even the possibility to switch it to emulate a 1x12 cab or 4x12 cab.

I've orderd it because a lot of people using the fractal or other moddeling devices love using the Laney irt x.

The price is also very attractive € 399,- in Europe
I will let you know how it sounds

Last Tuesday my new Laney FRFR arrived. I took some time to test it.
I can not make any comparrison to any other frfr speaker because this is the only one i ever listen to.
Before the Laney i was using my KRK Rokit 5 for the fractal.

Building quality
: I've read a lot of reviews about the building quality is not so great. I didn't find any flaws. Maybe i'm lucky but maybe the others where not so lucky. :) The led lights in the front looks realy great. The weight is 19 kg what is a little heavy.

Sound quality: The sound quality is very good it has a 200 watt power amp which produces a lot of sound. but even when the volume is being turned low the quality remains. So even for the little bedroom users this is a great speaker. The sound is bright and clear. You can hear every detail. It has the possibility to switch between frfr 1x12 cab or 4x12 cab simulation.

:)+ Sound quality
:)+ Building quality
:)+ Price
:(- Weight

Conclusion: In my humble opinion this is a great FRFR speaker whitout busting the bank. :cool::)

In the near future i will buy a second Laney frfr so i can use it in stereo

Last edited:
Last Tuesday my new Laney FRFR arrived. I took some time to test it.
I can not make any comparrison to any other frfr speaker because this is the only one i ever listen to.
Before the Laney i was using my KRK Rokit 5 for the fractal.

Building quality
: I've read a lot of reviews about the building quality is not so great. I didn't find any flaws. Maybe i'm lucky but maybe the others where not so lucky. :) The led lights in the front looks realy great. The weight is 19 kg what is a little heavy.

Sound quality: The sound quality is very good it has a 200 watt power amp which produces a lot of sound. but even when the volume is being turned low the quality remains. So even for the little bedroom users this is a great speaker. The sound is bright and clear. You can hear every detail. It has the possibility to switch between frfr 1x12 cab or 4x12 cab simulation.

:)+ Sound quality
:)+ Building quality
:)+ Price
:(- Weight

Conclusion: In my humble opinion this is a great FRFR speaker whitout busting the bank. :cool::)

In the near future i will buy a second Laney frfr so i can use it in stereo

Did you connect an axe fx unit?

I just came across this cab too. Interested to hear how it sounds with an Ax8. Would make a nice grab and go option for small club gigs, open mic nights, etc.

I just came across this cab too. Interested to hear how it sounds with an Ax8. Would make a nice grab and go option for small club gigs, open mic nights, etc.
Yes i realy like it and very affordable. And with the ledlight on the front it wil put an extra dimension to your stage performance. In the near futere i will buy a second one so i can run it in stereo.

I connect my FM3 to the 112 and it works like a charm. Some IR's work better than others though. Any 112 users with IR suggestions, please let me know. Off course you don't need an IR, because the 112 is able to mimic a 1x12 and a 4x12 by itself, but using an IR gives you way more control over your sound. Last tip, for some reason the FAS amp models work really wel on the 112, especially FAS Crunch en Lead 1.

I connect my FM3 to the 112 and it works like a charm. Some IR's work better than others though. Any 112 users with IR suggestions, please let me know. Off course you don't need an IR, because the 112 is able to mimic a 1x12 and a 4x12 by itself, but using an IR gives you way more control over your sound. Last tip, for some reason the FAS amp models work really wel on the 112, especially FAS Crunch en Lead 1.

Or... Do this! Amazing tip by Cooper Carter. And do'n't forget to experiment in different Speaker Imp. Curves in the Amp block. And while you're there, change the setting from FRFR to poweramp. Again, no rules, use your ears and thrust your instincts.

Just purchased the Laney 1x12. My first impression is it is very dark compared to my studio headphones, I have SOny MDR 7506 Headphones. anyone else notice this? the bass response is great just what i was looking for but man it is dark sounding. I have been running a qsc K.2 8.2 in stereo with it and they sound great together. the qsc 8.2 is way too trebly by itself. I dunno man kinda dissapointed. any suggestions? I usually set my tone with my headphones i guess i could set it with the laney instead

edit1: i cranked the HF Trim seems to have brightened it up

Last edited:
I have one for sale now. Never saw a stage, never left the living room, thus as good as new.
Located in The Netherlands.

Back
Top Bottom