Lamb of God - Laid to Rest cover with the 6505+

Huge fan of Lamb of God! Well done sir! Love the video's! I echo the above post. Thanks for the hard work and contributions... can't wait to hear/see what you come up with next!

I'm glad you like it guys! I've been playing my EX360 exclusively lately since I discovered how awesome it sounds paired with the 6505+ on the Axe. I'll probably do at least another vid with it before going back to my Schecter for some 7 string chugs.

Also, if anyone wants to do vocals on this, let me know! :D

Damn, you're like the modern metal Mark Day with the expressions and whatnot. Great playing and tone, I love that song.

Damn, you're like the modern metal Mark Day with the expressions and whatnot. Great playing and tone, I love that song.
Haha I would say that half of the time the face expressions come out naturally and the other half I just do them for fun. :) I mean, once I was done shooting all the video scenes and sat down to go through them and decide which parts to use, sometimes I would ask myself "Did I really do that while playing?" and have a laugh.

Awesome as usual Kostein! Good job! That's not an easy song to record (I've done it too). Difficult to play really tight and really clean so that both guitar tracks gel together.

I like how you basically did your own thing in terms of the tone and the mix. When I covered that song I tried getting as close to the original tone and mix as possible and failed miserably. The mix on the original is pretty unique and unless you can get the drums sounding close to Adler's it's just not going to work.

It's the iced coffee? Break that got me.
LULZ
Dude,
I'm always amazed at what you pull out of the Axe and really appreciate the time and effort you put into sharing.
Cheers
And well done.

Cool vid man I play this song everyday as part of my practice routine . I use your Mark IV v.06 patch and it nails the tone on my set up.

awesome as usual. I'm surprised you crank the master volume up so high. I'l have to check out that patch.

Awesome as usual Kostein! Good job! That's not an easy song to record (I've done it too). Difficult to play really tight and really clean so that both guitar tracks gel together.

I like how you basically did your own thing in terms of the tone and the mix. When I covered that song I tried getting as close to the original tone and mix as possible and failed miserably. The mix on the original is pretty unique and unless you can get the drums sounding close to Adler's it's just not going to work.

Well this is my second attempt at doing this and it's quite obvious that it is much better than my first attempt. Like you said, it's not an easy song to play tight and clean. I always try to do my own thing when it comes to the mix, I see it as an opportunity to try things out when I'm covering a song. I'd fail miserably as well if I tried to get close to the original mix :D The first version although is still sounding decent, it's just it's not as clear or as tight as my second try. Here's the first try for good measure, done in March 2012. Btw, this makes me realize how much better my recordings/mixes have become since almost two years ago!

SOunds killer. How do you connect your Axe FX II to your RME Fireface 800? You have the exact same setup I have (I think...) AXE FX 2 > FF 800 > Cubase. Do you go PDIF and record in 48khz?

I am currently going mono to my 512c preamp > ff800 and I haven't been able to figure out the Pdif setup yet.

Check out my very first vid using Axe FX 2 on Guitars and Bass with the above setup: Rush - The Spirit of Radio - Official Music Video Vox, Drum, Bass and Guitar Cover w. AXE FX 2 - YouTube

I just use analog... I kinda wanna try using the spdif but I cannot ever seem to be bothered. If it sounds good, why change it? As the say 8)
AWESOME video btw dude :encouragement:

Cool vid man I play this song everyday as part of my practice routine . I use your Mark IV v.06 patch and it nails the tone on my set up.

I was thinking of using the Mark IV to try and nail the tone but my Peavey 6505+ patch paired with my EX360 just sounded too glorious to resist.

awesome as usual. I'm surprised you crank the master volume up so high. I'l have to check out that patch.

Nikoooo! That's what I usually do, although I'm working on covering another song using the same patch but I've had to lower the MV to ~4 to nail the tone I was after. It just depends really :)

Your quickly becoming an Axe Fx GOD and you certainly Laid that one To Rest!!!! Nice work on the final cut brother!

Back
Top Bottom