Lamb of God - Blacken the Cursed Sun (patch included)

harsh

Inspired

Hey guys. I've been absent from the forum for a while now...but back now. I've tried to capture Lamb of God's tone on Sacrament in this mix (I believe it's all Mesa Mark IV) using the USA Lead Brt+ sim. I've also used a TS808 Mod in front to tighten up the lows, which in hindsight, I could have done without. I could've got a more organic tone without it, perhaps. But anyway, let me know if you think it's close.

For those interested, the patch is included on soundcloud. Cheers!

The beginning riff sounds so spot on I literally thought it was the actual song. Well done! I'd love to hear you do a patch to match Laid To Rest.

Ah, cheers dudes. I'm not entirely happy with the toms, they kinda spoil the mix a bit. Need to learn more about drum production. But thank you for the awesome feedback.

By the way, Gorilla just sent me a remaster of my cover, which sounds great. Gorilla - you should post it here, dude.

The beginning riff sounds so spot on I literally thought it was the actual song. Well done! I'd love to hear you do a patch to match Laid To Rest.

Laid to Rest is one of my favourite LOG tracks. But I believe someone covered it and posted a patch for it here on the forum. It was a while ago, but definitely remember seeing one.

Laid to Rest is one of my favourite LOG tracks. But I believe someone covered it and posted a patch for it here on the forum. It was a while ago, but definitely remember seeing one.

I found that cover. I was surprised that he used a 6505 model instead of one of the Mesa Mark models. I can't complain though as it sounds good, and that's all that matters.

There's some level imbalance between instruments, but I'd say it's not really mixed yet. That tin can snare almost makes me cringe. It's like a joke being uttered in-between everything else in those silent spots, and I have this image of a close-up on the drummer with this cheesy-ass expression, akin to playing a ukulele in place of a guitar.

There's some level imbalance between instruments, but I'd say it's not really mixed yet. That tin can snare almost makes me cringe. It's like a joke being uttered in-between everything else in those silent spots, and I have this image of a close-up on the drummer with this cheesy-ass expression, akin to playing a ukulele in place of a guitar.

Maybe actually listen to some LOG before you comment on the snare sound I'm trying to go for.

Back
Top Bottom