Not a Bug Lag when using looper being triggered by external midi controller ( MC6 )

darko89

So basically I noticed that when I use the MC6 to trigger the looper, I always seem to be “late”. And you can hear a clear pop between the loops. At first I thought I was just doing it wrong , but then I switched to using the footswitches of the FM3 itself and voila, no timing issues or lag.
Do you guys know if external midi controllers suffer from lag?
Connection: Morningstar MC6 midi out into midi in FM3. Firmware 1.06.

Based on the manual it seems the MC6 has a delay on single-switch commands, which you can adjust via the global "sensitivity" setting. You could try setting that to 5, which would be minimum delay.

The delay is to avoid executing a one-switch command when you're trying to perform a dual-switch command. Unless I missed it somewhere in the manual, it doesn't look like there's a way to disable any of these, and every switch is also part of two or three dual-switch functions. You might want to consider making the looper CCs send on switch-up instead of switch-down.

the MC6 has a "Looper" mode (it may have a different name now). basically the MC6 always has a delay on its switches for the 2-Switch press commands to operate the unit. Setting a switch to enable "Looper Mode" turns off this delay completely, but making it near impossible to hit 2 switches at a time.

the concept last i read was to set a switch on your MC6 Preset to enable Looper Mode, use the switches without any delay, then when you're done looping, turn off Looper mode, and you can press 2 switches again to get to other MC6 Presets.

this didn't work for me, as I like to change Scenes while looping. so i don't use the MC6 for looping and instead use the AX8 or FM3 on-board switches for looping, using the MC6 to change among my Scenes or other effects needed.

check the MC6 user manual to see more details.

Back
Top Bottom