Lag when recording in Logic Pro X

My assumption is that it has to do with the native sample rate of the Axe when you're using it as a USB interface.

I was having the same issue when using my Axe direct to my PC via USB. I opted to instead go 1/4" through my scarlet 2i2 and instantly resolved my issues.

Also I lowered my buffer size within my DAW, the downside to this being that a smaller buffer is more resource intensive. If you have a decent CPU (I had no issues on a 6th gen i7 before upgrading to a 9th gen i7) this shouldn't be too much of an issue. But it does make for lower latency, so to me it's worth the sacrifice in resources if you have a capable machine.

But latency is not the issue here guys. It is the audio track that is slightly moved...
True. Thought he solved the other problem with recording offset.

okay. Here’s what I did a while back when the tracks didn’t line up.

zoom in as much as you can on both of the misaligned tracks

then place the cursor on the beginning of the first track (write down the sample position)

place the cursor on the beginning of the second track (write down the sample position)

take the higher number in samples and subtract the smaller from it. That number of samples is your exact misalignment as long as cursor position was accurate etc.

take that sample difference number and convert it to ms, or samples depending on daw.
Use that value as recording offset, and the alignment will now be perfect.

that’s the old school manual method

Hey !
I noticed that when I record my guitar parts, they always seem to be a little too late. I struggle with this issue for some time now. I kind of found workaround for this issue by setting recroding delay in Audio settings in Logic pro X, but I doesn't seem right for me. I have my input monitoring off, I mute the track when I record. What else should I change to finally resolve this thing ?
Thank you !
Have you tried changing the USB buffer size on the Axe FX itself (not logic), via the front panel?
Did you try this yet?

I thought I read somewhere in the docs that the USB buffer size should be the same between the AFX and your DAW, no? Not an expert by any means, just inquiring.
I’ve had success with lowering it using USB audio for a software looper.

From the manual:

Attachments

• 4748EBA6-9CD6-4857-B34E-F3912D05A4C5.jpeg
    4748EBA6-9CD6-4857-B34E-F3912D05A4C5.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom