Lack Of Sustain and FX Edit Question

Hi guys, Alex here writing my first post since Axe Ultra. Recently got the FX8 after going analog for many years since the Ultra I realise I really love and miss Fractal's effects tone.
Everything is fine and as expected sound quality wise but something I've experienced is my sustain seems to be cut off a few milliseconds shorter making me constantly play harder out of my guitar trying to milk more sustain compared to my analog setup. Does anyone else have this experience?

Another question is on the FX Edit when I save say an overdrive block does it save both X and Y or can it just save X only so that it functions as an individual pedal?

Other than that....oh....my...goodness the FX8 is darn delicious. Thx fellas.

Is there a noisegate turned on? It's on by default in Axe FX in the input section on the grid, not sure about the FX8.

I'm not sure what you are really asking here, X and Y can be saved as different settings for the same block and they save simultaneously when you save a preset. X/Y can be saved as different settings for the same effect selected within a particulalr block.

Hi there, no I tried that the noise gate is always off I turned them off.

Regarding the XY is say I save an overdrive and tweaked it to my liking say call it Morning Glory. Then when I tweak other presets and try to recall that I would try to recall another one of my setting say The Riot to my Y state but for some reason on the FX edit it ends up changing the X state as well....the X suddenly isn't Morning Glory anymore.

The drive settings are only valid in one preset. If you dial up another preset you will have to copy the block from your original preset if you want the same settings.

Got it thx much. So let me clarify, when it saves the block it saves both X and Y together yes?

Regarding the noise gate, I just need to set the threshold to 0 (off) to completely bypass it right?

Hi there, no I tried that the noise gate is always off I turned them off.

Regarding the XY is say I save an overdrive and tweaked it to my liking say call it Morning Glory. Then when I tweak other presets and try to recall that I would try to recall another one of my setting say The Riot to my Y state but for some reason on the FX edit it ends up changing the X state as well....the X suddenly isn't Morning Glory anymore.

In FX8-Edit, save your Morning Glory block to your Block Library. When you want to add Morning Glory to another preset, load your Morning Glory block from your library to the new preset and X will be Morning Glory. You can then switch to Y and dial up a different sound with the same block and then save the block to your preset. You can also save this new block with the different x/y to your block library with a different name (EG: Morning Djent) to indicate that the X state is your Morning Glory effect and the Y state is your Djent drive effect.

Try bypassing the fx8 to see if you get your sustain back. Could be your fx loop or cables too.

That might be a factor?...my effects loop cables are 20 ft back n forth would that effect it? It definitely is time to change as I don't need that long of a cable anyways. Ok lemme get out of bed and try bypassing it. Thx !

In FX8-Edit, save your Morning Glory block to your Block Library. When you want to add Morning Glory to another preset, load your Morning Glory block from your library to the new preset and X will be Morning Glory. You can then switch to Y and dial up a different sound with the same block and then save the block to your preset. You can also save this new block with the different x/y to your block library with a different name (EG: Morning Djent) to indicate that the X state is your Morning Glory effect and the Y state is your Djent drive effect.

I see where the problem is...I already saved mine as MG and Riot as MG for one block and Riot and Rat as Riot for another thinking they're individual saves. So when I recall 'Riot' the y state automatically changes to Rat. Ok got it. Thx much for the explanation!

Block library saves an entire block. A block includes both X and Y. Therefore it also loads both X and Y.

Back
Top Bottom