Lace Alumitone Deathbucker

never played with one, i will tell you i have two seymour duncan blackouts and after tweaking the input not on my axe fx i love it, real high output but still sound pretty organic wiht high gain and cleans. Has a huge bottom end and brown midrange sound. The highs are also cutting but not to shrill. I would say the abhh-1 would be great or the agh-3, the ABH-2 HAS TO MUCH OUTPUT! One of the things i like about the blackouts is that the neck pickup isnt fuzzy it still has crunch it cuts through. You also have emg x seires which have more headroom. D activators by dimarzio if you want to go the passive route. Motor city pickups are awesome i would check thos out to.

I used to have two of the original Alumitones (in black) in a Gibson Les Studio, and to me they sounded to much like a single coil, but without the hum, and for that guitar it just didn't work for me. I haven't tried the "Deathbuckers" out yet so when you get them let me know, because even though I didn't like the tone, I though they looked pretty cool. :D

Back
Top Bottom