Labels and Template for MFC-101 HERE!

Robboman said:
I went to Staples and found 8.5 x 11" magnetic sheets for inkjet printers in both Avery and Staples brands. Print surface is glossy white.

What's the best way to cut out the holes cleanly? Drill?

Does anyone know the font Fractal uses? Link to a font download?

+1 on inkjet magnetic paper

i use a craft knife to cut the holes and works great!

33498.jpg

Would love to hear how well the magnetic sheets work.

I used one of those widget things to cut mine. Wanted to use an exacto knife but wasn't able to find one...

Why not a "fustella" (hollow punch) ? I think we can find them up to 20 mm. We'll need two of them, one for the LED (11 mm ?) and one for the switch (18 mm ?).

When I made labels for the LF JR (laminated paper with double-sided tape), I went to a scrapbooking store, and they had punches in all sizes, which cut out the hole for the light ad switch perfectly..

Hi Shredfactory

Thank You for your templates.

Here is my version of your labels.
Changed it a little bit (look at my snake design for my five goto patches).

Attachments

• MFC.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 476
Very nice!

I think I'm actually going to start adding 2 different delays as well. One straight and one with something like a dotted eighth.

Well done...

Ive done this myself. Made my own templates. Measure cut, Measure cut, Measure cut, Measure cut. Done the office supply magnet sheets but one drop of water hits them and they bleed like a stuck pig. You really need the equipment to dye sublimation print on gloss vinyl then stick that to better heavier car sign magnet sheet that will actually stay put. Then you need to have a cutter that can cut them out for you. I did the template then design for each pedal in adobe illustrator then cut them out on my Cricut craft cutter. Time consuming pain in the butt. also to get them to fit right on the MFC you need 3 templates left right and middle. When its all said and done the time and aggravation your better off just buying ones that the other guys are making. After that was all said and done I wound up just using a brothers P-touch printer to do rectangle labels under the switch.
left.pngmiddle.pngP-touchlabels.jpgright.png

If you print your own labels, spray them with several coats of clear lacquer (acrylic, poly, etc.) to seal them. They'll last a lot longer. Go very light on the first couple of coats so they don't bleed. Brother P Touch and similar label products work well for simple, durable labels. If you've got access to a Zebra or Brady industrial label printer ($$$), those are the bee's knees.

Back
Top Bottom